• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

Christy

Angel Diva
WELL. It's day 2 of my (and everyone else's) eligibility, and I'd resigned myself to waiting a while even to book, given how much time I and everyone I know spent yesterday fruitlessly looking. I used a website that links to all providers with supposed availability, but I'd follow the links and it would say "no appts available." Then today magically I looked and followed a Walgreen's link...and there were appts, in the suburb just north of Seattle. I am BOOKED! Can't believe it.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
TeleChica:
:Got my second jab on Wednesday (#goteampfizer), and still feel a bit crappy, like a mild cold. Was chilled yesterday (hot, cold, hot, cold, like my usual hot flashes but worse), but no fever. It's like someone pulled the plug and my energy is at about 65%. I can still work and function, but I'll be glad when it's done.

I thought I would feel more excited, but I do still have two weeks until freedom. Hard to feel excited when it just snowed on my flowers, the weekend looks crappy, and I'm too tired to want to do anything. Also, very weird dream last night about a spider that bled into my waking up--I still saw the danged spider above my head and leapt out of bed! I blame the vaccine ;).

That said, all this vaccine news with J&J and other vaccine side effects is getting to me. I'm a medical editor and believe in science, but my anxiety and hypochondria is winning today. Pleah.

Thanks for listening. :smile: "

:hug:(virtually)

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I'm not eligible in MA until Monday. Part of me feels like a fool for following the guidelines since it's all on your honor as to when you say you are eligible and I have a suspicion (can't prove it of course without asking people how they qualified) that people at work lied about their eligibility since so many who are not that much older than me and some that are younger already have gotten the shot, but such is life I guess. Then we have my cousin who is only 2 years older than I am and has gotten the vaccine (though he had Covid twice--once very recently) but his doctor suggested he get the shot since he had it twice--but as far as I've read, the literature says not to get the shot too close to a recent Covid infection so not sure how/why he got the shot. Far as I can tell he shouldn't have qualified until Monday either--and even then should wait a while before getting it since his infection was very recent. Weird.
But I suppose the more people who get the vaccine the better, so really what does it matte the order they go in.

The other part of me does not really care how soon I get the vaccine since it will not change my life at all. I have no plans to expand what I'm currently doing, so really there is no rush since I really don't go anywhere.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Well, I'm not eligible in MA until Monday. Part of me feels like a fool for following the guidelines since it's all on your honor as to when you say you are eligible and I have a suspicion (can't prove it of course without asking people how they qualified) that people at work lied about their eligibility since so many who are not that much older than me and some that are younger already have gotten the shot, but such is life I guess. Then we have my cousin who is only 2 years older than I am and has gotten the vaccine (though he had Covid twice--once very recently) but his doctor suggested he get the shot since he had it twice--but as far as I've read, the literature says not to get the shot too close to a recent Covid infection so not sure how/why he got the shot. Far as I can tell he shouldn't have qualified until Monday either--and even then should wait a while before getting it since his infection was very recent. Weird.
But I suppose the more people who get the vaccine the better, so really what does it matte the order they go in.

The other part of me does not really care how soon I get the vaccine since it will not change my life at all. I have no plans to expand what I'm currently doing, so really there is no rush since I really don't go anywhere.

The other day I was on a call at work where a coworker in another state said she went for her shot and just said she worked in a school to qualify earlier. I was so shocked that she took no issue with sharing that piece with a whole bunch of people on Zoom..

altagirl

Staff member
I had weird dreams the night after my vaccine too - something about being forced to travel for work now because I could, so they threw me straight on a plane to Japan. Without my laptop or a change of clothes or knowing what on earth work I have to do in Japan... or... why Japan? Hahahah. In my dream I was just wandering around on the other side of the world trying to figure it out. Which I'm sure isn't a VACCINE side effect. That's a stress side effect.... I know DH is planning work travel soon and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Despite feeling a little hypochondriac about it, I actually felt quite good after my vaccine overall. A little sleepy, but I enjoyed the lounging on the couch listening to an audiobook. :smile: Round 2 is only a week away!

newboots

Angel Diva
@TeleChica - I think that when the side effects wear off and the sun comes out, you’ll be quite excited to have immunity growing steadily over the next 2 weeks!

And congratulations to everyone else who got a vaccine, got an appointment, or got a shot from a no-show!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Then we have my cousin who is only 2 years older than I am and has gotten the vaccine (though he had Covid twice--once very recently) but his doctor suggested he get the shot since he had it twice--but as far as I've read, the literature says not to get the shot too close to a recent Covid infection so not sure how/why he got the shot

Getting vaccinated soon after a recent infection makes no sense to me, as I understand there is proven immunity for at least a few months. Other countries are recommending only one shot for those who have had Covid already in order to increase vaccine availability to those who have not. (Studies have shown that one shot given to individuals who have recovered from covid = as good or better immune response than 2 shots in those who have not had covid). Would make sense now that J&J is on hold to offer the one shot "option" to those have recovered.

As I understand, people who are currently positive for COVID-19 should wait until they have cleared the virus before getting the vaccine. People who have been treated with monoclonal antibodies or convalescent plasma. Those people should wait 90 days from the end of their treatment to get the shot. (CDC).

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just had my first Pfizer vaccination on Friday. Went to circus class today and didn't even notice any muscle pain, but the real test will be the second one. I'm thinking I'll take an ice pack to the second one just to try and decrease the local reaction with muscle aches, although I'm sure it won't change any of the systemic reaction if I'm going to have one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly