• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

altagirl

Staff member
I actually find Krispy Kreme's glaze too sweet. But I do love freebies.

Oddly enough, Krispy Kreme's glazed donuts are one of the lower calorie donut options out there. I believe they are 190 vs. most cake donuts starting at 300+ calories. I think that's because they're so fluffy.

Anyway - not that that should affect whether you like the taste or not. I just remember being surprised by that random fact....

Jilly

Staff member
Well, I'm glad there isn't a Timmies near our clinic. Well no, I could take a short detour...

Thankfully we don't seem to have Krispy Kreme or Maple Kreamies up here...might be a good thing.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Not the one at Mohegan? (Still quite a drive from VT though)
LOL, that didn’t turn up on my Google search. I’m still safe from Krispy Kreme for now... but maple creemee season is starting! Good thing no one is offering those for free with proof of vaccination!

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LOL, that didn’t turn up on my Google search. I’m still safe from Krispy Kreme for now... but maple creemee season is starting! Good thing no one is offering those for free with proof of vaccination!
I agree. One of my other favorites is a maple sundae. Vanilla creemee with maple syrup, nuts, whipped cream and a cherry. It was even this weekend's special at Tim and Doug's in Newport (VT) :yahoo:

newboots

Angel Diva
Well, you Krispy K gals are having quite an evening!

All I got with my 2 trips to the Javits Center was a sticker, a vaccination card, a bottle of water (very small!), and a great dose of immunity. I'll take that over a doughnut any day!
:dancing:

altagirl

Staff member
I'm gluten free for the past decade or so so while there is a Krispy Kreme shop nearby it is all very hypothetical for me!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
How many people's jobs are offering incentives becoming vaccinated? My company (in the healthcare industry) is offering a pretty healthy cash subsidy -- although I wonder if it's off-set by needing to take a sick day from side effects.

I'm still waiting for my second shot but once I get it, that extra cash will buy lots of maple creemees :smile:

altagirl

Staff member
How many people's jobs are offering incentives becoming vaccinated? My company (in the healthcare industry) is offering a pretty healthy cash subsidy -- although I wonder if it's off-set by needing to take a sick day from side effects.

I'm still waiting for my second shot but once I get it, that extra cash will buy lots of maple creemees :smile:

We just get paid time off to go get vaccinated.

Gilly

Certified Ski Diva
I got the J&J on 4/1 so other than blood clots I'm in the clear ;)
I skied the day after my shot and other than an immediate headache no significant effects. Hubby got the same vaccine and felt awful the next day. Finally I beat him solidly at something

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly