• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Gore Advice

Bonnie2617

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m planning a mid-week trip to Gore in early March, but have some concerns based on what I’ve read about the mountain.

1. How are the longer green trails (e.g., Sunway )? My mom is a slow upper beginner and gets tired pretty quickly. She’s not a fan of very long trails or ones with sustained pitch. Her idea of a good day is lapping one of the green trails at Belleayre and going to top of the mountain perhaps once to do the very easy blue Deer Run.

2. I‘m an intermediate who is beginning to venture onto easy blacks and would love to try out some easy trees as well. What are some of your favorite trails?

3. I’ve heard a lot about flat areas. Any tips to avoid these? Will my snowboarder brother hate this mountain or are there ways to make it work?

marzNC

Angel Diva
3. I’ve heard a lot about flat areas. Any tips to avoid these? Will my snowboarder brother hate this mountain or are there ways to make it work?
It's been a few years, but from what I remember the flat sections where I saw boarders walking were between "pods." In general, it's better to stay in one section for a while than try to move around from lift to lift.

Paging @2ski2moro . She gave me a great tour of Gore the first time I skied there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly