• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Good Bootfitter at Pedigree Ski Shop?

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone have a recommendation for a boot fitter at Pedigree Ski Shop in White Plains? I have a pair of 70 flex Salomon Max (either X or Pro, can't recall which). They have way too much flex, but the foot fit is perfect. I have been considering upgrading to a stiffer pair and I see that Salomons are 30%-50% off right now. But I want to work with someone good to mold the lining, choose the right size and choose the right flex. I'd love any references.

ETA: Also, I would love any guidance regarding appropriate flex. I ski on the east coast pretty much exclusively. No issues with ice. Steep, long groomers are my favorite trails -- the steeper and the longer the better. I carve on blacks and groomed double blacks and I ski pretty fast for a mom. I stink at moguls, though I'm working on it. My technical knowledge about gear is basically non-existent. Everything I know I've learned from you gals!

Last edited:

newboots

Angel Diva
Wish I could help you! I can recommend the most patient, talented, and knowledgeable bootfitter in Ludlow Vermont, but it’s a trip from White Plains, for sure. A good bootfitter is worth some sacrifice, she says from experience.

Skipotter

Diva in Training
Does anyone have a recommendation for a boot fitter at Pedigree Ski Shop in White Plains? I have a pair of 70 flex Salomon Max (either X or Pro, can't recall which). They have way too much flex, but the foot fit is perfect. I have been considering upgrading to a stiffer pair and I see that Salomons are 30%-50% off right now. But I want to work with someone good to mold the lining, choose the right size and choose the right flex. I'd love any references.

ETA: Also, I would love any guidance regarding appropriate flex. I ski on the east coast pretty much exclusively. No issues with ice. Steep, long groomers are my favorite trails -- the steeper and the longer the better. I carve on blacks and groomed double blacks and I ski pretty fast for a mom. I stink at moguls, though I'm working on it. My technical knowledge about gear is basically non-existent. Everything I know I've learned from you gals!
Hi, this is my first post. I have been visiting the forum for many years. Since this thread is so local to me, I decided to reply the first time.

My recommendation for a good boot fitter at Pedigree is Barry. If your feet do not have special issues, he can fit and adjust boots pretty well. He has been helping my boots issues many times. He is an experienced boot fitter.
However, if your feet has special problem, I recommend you to go to more specialized boot fitter. The Pedigree shop deals with large number of customers. So attention to special needs may be difficult.
I also recommend you to go to the shop when it is not crowded such as before 3pm at weekdays. Boot fitting always takes time. So it is better to go there when the store is not busy.
Also call the store to find out when he will be at the store.

And just for your reference, the flex of my current K2 Spyke boots is 110(this one is not from Pedigree.) My previous pair of boots was Salomon X-Max90w and the flex was 90. I am an advanced skier at middle 60th.
My instructor at Alta ski camp recommended me to have stiffer boots. So I got this K2 boots and I am happy with them. But my husband and son think my current boots are too stiff for me. So I really do not know what is right flex for me.

Anyway I hope these information will help you.

newboots

Angel Diva
Welcome, @Skipotter ! So happy to have you join up after lurking!

Where do you like to ski?

:welcome:

Skipotter

Diva in Training
Stratton is my home Mountain now. There is an annual trip to Stowe in every December and some day trips to Hunter Mountain.
Also my family enjoy skiing in the West. Alta is my favorite ski area.

After reading so many posts here, I guessed that the lady I saw ar the Alta Lodge during spring ski vacation is marzNC. Yes, I was right. I introduced myself to her last April. Then she introduced Alison Wong to me. Alison was staying at Alta Lodge at the same time.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Stratton is my home Mountain now. There is an annual trip to Stowe in every December and some day trips to Hunter Mountain.
Also my family enjoy skiing in the West. Alta is my favorite ski area.

After reading so many posts here, I guessed that the lady I saw ar the Alta Lodge during spring ski vacation is marzNC. Yes, I was right. I introduced myself to her last April. Then she introduced Alison Wong to me. Alison was staying at Alta Lodge at the same time.
Hello! I checked out Stratton for the first time with @diymom a couple weeks ago since we both have Ikon this season. Nice mountain!

Are you going to Alta Lodge in April? I'll be there for more than a week again. If you had more posts, you could see the Meet On The Hill thread I started a while back with the dates.

Sparky

Angel Diva
I’m currently in the Salomon xmax and I think these run soft, at least compared to Tecnica. I originally had the 90s a few seasons ago and had to go up to the 110 last season. (I also like the fit and feel of this boot so stuck with it.) I wouldn’t consider myself heavy, strong or aggressive and I think the flex is just fine so perhaps you should try them. Hopefully a good boot fitter will help you choose the right boots!

Skipotter

Diva in Training
Hi marzNC! Yes, Stratton is a pretty nice mountain. It has good variety of trails. But weekends are so crazy. I usually try to go there at weekdays.

And I am going to stay at the Alta Lodge at the first week of April with my family. I just found out that they are having a demo day in April 6. It will be
great fun. I hope to see you in Alta!

marzNC

Angel Diva

Skipotter

Diva in Training
marzNC, thank you for the attached thread about Utah travel.
Somehow I never checked that one.
I enjoyed reading all the posts there.
A plenty of useful information!

Randi M.

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi, this is my first post. I have been visiting the forum for many years. Since this thread is so local to me, I decided to reply the first time.

My recommendation for a good boot fitter at Pedigree is Barry. If your feet do not have special issues, he can fit and adjust boots pretty well. He has been helping my boots issues many times. He is an experienced boot fitter.
However, if your feet has special problem, I recommend you to go to more specialized boot fitter. The Pedigree shop deals with large number of customers. So attention to special needs may be difficult.
I also recommend you to go to the shop when it is not crowded such as before 3pm at weekdays. Boot fitting always takes time. So it is better to go there when the store is not busy.
Also call the store to find out when he will be at the store.

And just for your reference, the flex of my current K2 Spyke boots is 110(this one is not from Pedigree.) My previous pair of boots was Salomon X-Max90w and the flex was 90. I am an advanced skier at middle 60th.
My instructor at Alta ski camp recommended me to have stiffer boots. So I got this K2 boots and I am happy with them. But my husband and son think my current boots are too stiff for me. So I really do not know what is right flex for me.

Anyway I hope these information will help you.

So we just returned our kids’ season rentals to Pedigree and I decided to try a pair of boots I’d been eyeing. Who was there to help me? Barry, who happens to be the same guy who has been fitting me since I was a kid. He’s now fit three generations of skiers in my family. Pretty funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly