• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Golf Divas?

altagirl

Staff member
Woohoo, got my 3rd ever birdie tonight on a par 3, with about an 18 foot putt.

LOL, go figure, with a ball we had declared bad luck last week.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Starting up my women’s group golf lessons again tomorrow!

I had only done one season of golf, and sucked haha.. last season I didn’t play at all due to being too busy with a new puppy. So I fully expect it’s going to be like starting over now.

How fun when seasons collide though. I love that I’ll be starting golf while my ski season is still going.

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I had only done one season of golf, and sucked haha.. last season I didn’t play at all due to being too busy with a new puppy. So I fully expect it’s going to be like starting over now.

How fun when seasons collide though. I love that I’ll be starting golf while my ski season is still going.
I know, love when the seasons morph into each other. I figure I may dust off the clubs this weekend and get out there. Everyone I know played last weekend with the warm temps and could not understand why I was still skiing. I can’t explain it to those folks ….if you know, you know

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I have already golfed 22 rounds in 2023, and 14 of those rounds happened during my ski season! My husband and I will be heading to Maui in a few weeks for a golf trip. We always do a Spring trip to end ski/start golf, and another in the Fall to end golf/start ski season. As much as I love skiing, I am glad my season is over so now I can concentrate on my golf game!

MissySki

Angel Diva
IMG_6354.jpeg
Couldn’t have asked for a better afternoon to start up lessons at the driving range. It didn’t go as poorly as I had feared after my long absence. Well, I mean there was plenty of bad but also enough good to get me hooked all over again. :laughter:Excited for the season ahead!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I have already golfed 22 rounds in 2023, and 14 of those rounds happened during my ski season! My husband and I will be heading to Maui in a few weeks for a golf trip. We always do a Spring trip to end ski/start golf, and another in the Fall to end golf/start ski season. As much as I love skiing, I am glad my season is over so now I can concentrate on my golf game!
Wow, that’s incredible! When do your golf courses open there? The club I go to for lessons just got going quite recently. The course itself is open, but technically the driving range is still closed outside of lessons. We will switch off weekly on Thursdays between driving range and the putting/chipping practice areas. Then biweekly we will go on the course to play a few holes on Monday evenings. That part won’t start for a few weeks though because we go later to be out of the way of anyone playing, so we need the sunsets to get a bit later so we have enough light. :smile:

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maui sounds fabulous and would quickly make me forget ab or
View attachment 21191
Couldn’t have asked for a better afternoon to start up lessons at the driving range. It didn’t go as poorly as I had feared after my long absence. Well, I mean there was plenty of bad but also enough good to get me hooked all over again. :laughter:Excited for the season
View attachment 21191
Couldn’t have asked for a better afternoon to start up lessons at the driving range. It didn’t go as poorly as I had feared after my long absence. Well, I mean there was plenty of bad but also enough good to get me hooked all over again. :laughter:Excited for the season ahead!
Highfields, right? That’s the thing about golf, a few good shots and it sucks you right in

MissySki

Angel Diva
Highfields, right? That’s the thing about golf, a few good shots and it sucks you right in
Yes indeed! Do you ever go there?

It so does!! I had a few really good drives, like better than I ever had the season I played somehow??? I had upgraded to a new driver at the very tail end of my first season, and yesterday it felt great! Once he adjusted where I was lined up with the ball and reminded me about weight shifting lol. Those few that went straight, high, and far were so sweet! Wish I could do it on a more consistent basis, but I know that isn’t likely anytime soon because my swing is far from consistent. I also recall that the first year I played, my practice at the range never seemed to translate to the course for my long game either. That was a big frustration of mine.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, that’s incredible! When do your golf courses open there? The club I go to for lessons just got going quite recently. The course itself is open, but technically the driving range is still closed outside of lessons. We will switch off weekly on Thursdays between driving range and the putting/chipping practice areas. Then biweekly we will go on the course to play a few holes on Monday evenings. That part won’t start for a few weeks though because we go later to be out of the way of anyone playing, so we need the sunsets to get a bit later so we have enough light. :smile:
I am in NM (I think I met you briefly at TSV?) so weather is mild here. My primary club has a short 5 month season and it won’t open until May (closes in October). I joined a second club that is opened year-round to play in the winter. A few years ago, I’d take the whole winter off to ski and would be able to jump back into golf immediately in Spring. But it started taking me longer and longer to get my swing back the last 2 years, so I make myself practice/play in the winter too!

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes indeed! Do you ever go there?

It so does!! I had a few really good drives, like better than I ever had the season I played somehow??? I had upgraded to a new driver at the very tail end of my first season, and yesterday it felt great! Once he adjusted where I was lined up with the ball and reminded me about weight shifting lol. Those few that went straight, high, and far were so sweet! Wish I could do it on a more consistent basis, but I know that isn’t likely anytime soon because my swing is far from consistent. I also recall that the first year I played, my practice at the range never seemed to translate to the course for my long game either. That was a big frustration of mine.
Yes, I used to play in ladies league there, but they were a bit too competitive for me, since I was a beginner ant the time and it was more stressful than fun. It’s right down the street from me, so if you’re ever looking to get out after work, just let me know! I hear ya ….I love the range but then often wonder where that gal is out on the course, LOL!! It’s a humbling and addicting game for sure.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Still some snow on courses around here in the Laurentians though I hear that south of Montreal people are starting to play. I'm keen to get out, but have realistic expectations. Skiing, especially the latter part of the season, just felt so so wonderful – and I know it's unlikely (read impossible) that my golf will ever be anywhere as good as my skiing. Shoudda started when I was younger, but I had always been one of those people who scoffed at golf and NEVER thought I'd get keen on it. Oh well, at least I get out, walking and enjoying fresh air.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Still some snow on courses around here in the Laurentians though I hear that south of Montreal people are starting to play. I'm keen to get out, but have realistic expectations. Skiing, especially the latter part of the season, just felt so so wonderful – and I know it's unlikely (read impossible) that my golf will ever be anywhere as good as my skiing. Shoudda started when I was younger, but I had always been one of those people who scoffed at golf and NEVER thought I'd get keen on it. Oh well, at least I get out, walking and enjoying fresh air.
Late is better than never! I started a few years ago in my 40s and I am a very decent golfer (single hcp). It doesn’t need to take a lifetime to become good at golf!

TThomson5

Diva in Training
Another addicted golfer here!! Started in my mid 40s as well! Was told by some boys I couldn’t golf with them until I got a handicap so I went out and got myself one (7). Now I ask them lol!!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I am in NM (I think I met you briefly at TSV?) so weather is mild here. My primary club has a short 5 month season and it won’t open until May (closes in October). I joined a second club that is opened year-round to play in the winter. A few years ago, I’d take the whole winter off to ski and would be able to jump back into golf immediately in Spring. But it started taking me longer and longer to get my swing back the last 2 years, so I make myself practice/play in the winter too!
Yes, we did meet briefly in the locker room at TSV this season. :smile: I didn't realize there were courses open year round in NM. It's really cool that the weather can be mild enough for that in some areas and then still have amazing snow up in the mountains!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes, we did meet briefly in the locker room at TSV this season. :smile: I didn't realize there were courses open year round in NM. It's really cool that the weather can be mild enough for that in some areas and then still have amazing snow up in the mountains!
Come to California.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Our golf and tennis season got started at the end of March, so I've been playing with my Ladies League (LPGA Amateurs) and tennis league since then. The courses are still in pretty rough shape, but we've had a lot of rain in the past wk, and if it warms up next wk things should start to improve quite a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna