• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Golf clothes

altagirl

Staff member
I pulled out an older pair of golf pants that I never wear and figured I'd do some gardening in them. And for a moment, I was like "why don't I wear these? They're comfy and pretty flattering..." and then I went to put my phone in my back pocket and realized the back pocket is about 1" deep and I couldn't even fit golf balls in there. This is what you get when you buy women's pants done by a men's brand.

So far my favorite golf clothing brand is JoFit - I love their pants and shorts. The pair I wore to golf last night had 4 deep pockets that I could probably fit 6 golf balls in each if I wanted to. (I mean... I'd look crazy, but someone gets me!) I did google, and the brand was started by a woman, Joanne who took over her basement and garage to start her business. She apparently grasps the value of pockets, so is a woman after my own heart. Hahaha.

I know we had some discussion of golf clothes in other threads, but what brands do you love and why? No different than ski clothes, I suppose.... I'm always on the lookout for deals for cute sports gear and would love to hear about more brands I may have missed.

Last edited:

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I pulled out an older pair of golf pants that I never wear and figured I'd do some gardening in them. And for a moment, I was like "why don't I wear these? They're comfy and pretty flattering..." and then I went to put my phone in my back pocket and realized the back pocket is about 1" deep and I couldn't even fit golf balls in there. This is what you get when you buy women's pants done by a men's brand.

It made me google - so far my favorite golf clothing brand is JoFit - I love their pants and shorts. The pair I wore to golf last night had 4 deep pockets that I could probably fit 6 golf balls in each if I wanted to. (I mean... I'd look crazy, but someone gets me!) I did google, and the brand was started by a woman, Joanne who took over her basement and garage to start her business. She apparently grasps the value of pockets, so is a woman after my own heart. Hahaha.

I know we had some discussion of golf clothes in other threads, but what brands do you love and why? No different than ski clothes, I suppose.... I'm always on the lookout for deals for cute sports gear and would love to hear about more brands I may have missed.
I love Jofit; the pants & tops fit great (tops are not boxy, which can be an issue with some golf tops). Daily Sports & Swing Control also have great golf pants …a bit pricey, but worth the spend. Daily Sports does have some good sales. I do like Tail, not so much their pants, but they have some cute skirts & dresses. Golf dresses have become my new obsession. I am always looking online, since most stores just don’t seem to carry a large selection of cute stuff.

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@altagirl, what would you say has been the biggest change in women’s golf wear in the past 10 years?

I wish to return to golfing but hesitate to buy dedicated pieces of clothing. Will certainly keep JoFit in mind though!

altagirl

Staff member
I've really only been into golf (other than goofing around a bit as a kid and whatnot) for maybe the past 5 years or so.

Honestly, I've found there are some golf clothing items that dual purpose quite well into day to day life - the JoFit pants I end up wearing a lot as casual (or business casual, when that's actually a thing....) pants since they're flattering and so stretchy it's like wearing yoga pants. But I've also had some good luck finding items on clearance sales online, or Poshmark or things like that, so you don't have to spend a ton.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly