• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Going to try for a duathlon and triathlon

Soujan

Angel Diva
I have been cycling and running on and off. My boss in my office wants to get people to join him in a short triathlon in the spring. My swimming is not up to par but I am willing to make an attempt. I will start training for them and I have plenty of time. Getting to the pool will be the hardest part. I thought I would try a short duathlon in the fall first and see how that goes.

Does anyone else here have experience with triathlons or any training tips?

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Practice bricks (biking followed by a run). This will get your legs used to the changover from one sport to the other. It feels weird at first, the title 'brick' is an apt name for what your legs feel like, but its better when you get used to it. Before the race, at least once, set up a practice transition station. It will help you on the day of the race. Do a short little ride around your neighborhood, back to your house, then practice your setup and changing from biking to running. Where you put things like gels, visor/hat, running shoes, etc.

Jilly

Staff member
You might try to contact itri - she is an ironman!! I know she joined a club and had a coach to guide her.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna