• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Going to be EPIC lift lines at Epic pass resorts this year....

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Was this due to capacity restrictions on lifts, or just sheer number of visitors?

I think it's both. The lines were certainly longer because of limited lift capacity. But a lot more people -- especially kids -- skied weekdays because they weren't going into the office or school and had more flexibility with when they could be out there. I know a lot of people who have second homes in Vermont just came up and stayed for the duration, so there were more people around than usual.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think it's both. The lines were certainly longer because of limited lift capacity. But a lot more people -- especially kids -- skied weekdays because they weren't going into the office or school and had more flexibility with when they could be out there. I know a lot of people who have second homes in Vermont just came up and stayed for the duration, so there were more people around than usual.

The local grocery store was certainly more of an adventure on weekdays than past years!

lisaski

Certified Ski Diva
Initially, I thought these mega passes were great. Not so much anymore... Each year there are more crowds. Can't blame people for wanting to slide on the snow. It is an addictive sport.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The local grocery store was certainly more of an adventure on weekdays than past years!

My bootfitter near Okemo said that weekdays last year were the crazy days because people didn't want to be there on a crowded weekend. Except apparently everyone had the same idea because they said the weekend was dead in comparison which was a real switch from the usual.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
My bootfitter near Okemo said that weekdays last year were the crazy days because people didn't want to be there on a crowded weekend. Except apparently everyone had the same idea because they said the weekend was dead in comparison which was a real switch from the usual.

This.

newboots

Angel Diva
How does everyone feel about the no vaccination requirement for gondolas? It's freaking me out!

The regulations seem to be so haphazard. Gondolas are very close quarters, and we are in them for more than a couple of minutes. It's a little like keeping your mask on in the restaurant until you start to eat!

Crowds, and crowding, are a problem wherever it is.

lisaski

Certified Ski Diva
The regulations seem to be so haphazard. Gondolas are very close quarters, and we are in them for more than a couple of minutes. It's a little like keeping your mask on in the restaurant until you start to eat!

Crowds, and crowding, are a problem wherever it is.
I'll admit that while vaccinated, I am a little freaked out about being in a crowded gondola or lodge with virus transmission as high as it is. I'll be eating outdoors again this season and choosing open air lifts over enclosed ones. I'll get more then my fair share of fresh air. :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
So, WB says that it will be loading gondola's and chairs to capacity. There is no social distancing mandate (at the moment) in BC.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll admit that while vaccinated, I am a little freaked out about being in a crowded gondola or lodge with virus transmission as high as it is. I'll be eating outdoors again this season and choosing open air lifts over enclosed ones. I'll get more then my fair share of fresh air. :smile:
I'm in an airport for a layover right now. Talk about crowded....

The shuttle from parking to the airport was crowded.
The airports I'm in are crowded.
The planes are totally full.

However, everyone is wearing masks.
However, they take them off to eat and drink.
They serve food on the airplanes.
They sell food in the airport.

But I'm here. I guess I now know whether I will be a rigidly careful as I was with the Alpha variant of this virus. No, I won't. I want to enjoy my life.

Christy

Angel Diva
I know social media comments can be vicious and may not represent what most skiers are thinking. But Stevens Pass (Vail) gets negative comments the way no other WA ski area does. It really does sound like they make poor decisions (in terms of customer service) on every front. I find the FB comments rather entertaining. Will it translate into less people? Probably not, since so dang many people live here now, and people will probably travel here to ski if they have an Epic Pass.

1632766182364.png
1632766425035.png
1632766462350.png
1632766313109.png

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know social media comments can be vicious and may not represent what most skiers are thinking. But Stevens Pass (Vail) gets negative comments the way no other WA ski area does. It really does sound like they make poor decisions (in terms of customer service) on every front. I find the FB comments rather entertaining. Will it translate into less people? Probably not, since so dang many people live here now, and people will probably travel here to ski if they have an Epic Pass.

View attachment 16514
View attachment 16516
View attachment 16517
View attachment 16515
Looks similar to the social media comments about Snowbasin's expansion plans, and they actually do reflect the locals' feelings about it here.

And with all that mentioned and Epic resorts being more crowded, yaay Snowbasin, thanks for accepting the Epic pass again. (Read my sarcasm.) As if last year wasn't a big enough s*itshow of overcrowded runs. Rumors are always swirling that they're trying to woo a buyer like Vail. I sure hope not.

Christy

Angel Diva
Social media comments are awful about just about everything. Really, there's something about it that brings out the worst in people.
That's absolutely true, but the level of rancor on the Stevens page far exceeds what I see on other Washington resort social media accounts right now, which mostly have comments like, "bring on the snow!".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly