• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Goggles for narrow face

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok, skis are bought - now looking for a new pair of goggles! I went to try on some Smith goggles today since I have a Smith helmet and they’re on sale at REI, and both the I/O Mag and Skyline (women’s models) felt too wide for my narrow face, in that I could feel them gapping at the sides when I wore them with a helmet.

So, does anyone have recs for a smaller-faced lady? I’m looking for goggles with interchange lenses, and my budget cap is about $200.

Also, what should I be looking for when trying on goggles? Is gapping a big deal or am I overreacting? I’ve only had cheap goggles so I have no real reference, but I’m ready to upgrade.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ok, skis are bought - now looking for a new pair of goggles! I went to try on some Smith goggles today since I have a Smith helmet and they’re on sale at REI, and both the I/O Mag and Skyline (women’s models) felt too wide for my narrow face, in that I could feel them gapping at the sides when I wore them with a helmet.

So, does anyone have recs for a smaller-faced lady? I’m looking for goggles with interchange lenses, and my budget cap is about $200.

Also, what should I be looking for when trying on goggles? Is gapping a big deal or am I overreacting? I’ve only had cheap goggles so I have no real reference, but I’m ready to upgrade.

Gapping as in openings away from your face? I would very much find that to be a problem as well, no overreaction. Dumb question, but you did make sure to tighten the strap over your helmet right? You definitely want a good seal of the foam on your face.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

Try the Smith I / 0S. Great for smaller faces and you can get interchangeable lenses. Not magnetic though

marzNC

Angel Diva
Also, what should I be looking for when trying on goggles? Is gapping a big deal or am I overreacting?
One of the reasons I like the FaceSaver is that it eliminates the small gap that I have even with the Smith I/OS.

Whether or not a gap matters depends a lot on what the temperature and weather conditions are where you ski the most. Fair to say that I don't worry about it in Virginia. But a much better deal at Big Sky when temps are in single digits.

Even if the Smith I/OS Mag is a little over your budget, if they fit then worth the investment. I would consider switching but still have a collection of new frames and lenses. Got a boxful several years ago from someone who collected them, but then decided to switch to another goggle. Once you know what works, goggles go on sale during late season. Meaning by March in some cases.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
One of the reasons I like the FaceSaver is that it eliminates the small gap that I have even with the Smith I/OS.

Whether or not a gap matters depends a lot on what the temperature and weather conditions are where you ski the most. Fair to say that I don't worry about it in Virginia. But a much better deal at Big Sky when temps are in single digits.

Even if the Smith I/OS Mag is a little over your budget, if they fit then worth the investment. I would consider switching but still have a collection of new frames and lenses. Got a boxful several years ago from someone who collected them, but then decided to switch to another goggle. Once you know what works, goggles go on sale during late season. Meaning by March in some cases.
I know... Now that I have the Blue sensor and a few others...... AND I can switch out my own lenses thanks to you. I just need my glasses...

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Try out some Giro goggles if you can. I find the women's styles fit smaller and they have very nice optics. My biggest issue is gaps on the sides and between helmet and top of goggle. I've tried so many types to find a pair I love (Dragon Rogue). Some brands now have color changing lenses. My Dragons change depending on the brightness which means not having to worry about bringing along another lens.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I absolutely have the small face problem! I’m doing OK with a Smith Riot and a Smith Virtue. But neither one seems perfect. I had an old pair of Uvex goggles but I lost them somewhere, on the slope actually. I will take a look at the Smith goggles with the magnetic lens. I tried another brand and they were just too big for my face and the helmet. My aging fingers have a hard time changing the lenses on my other goggles.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Smith Virtue for me. Rather than change lenses I have 2 pair. One for bright days, one for cloudy days.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Got curious about the price of the Smith I/O Mag S. I noticed on the Smith website that an Asian fit version exists. Found an interesting note on the REI webpage for that model, which is listed as Smith I/O MAG S ChromaPop Snow Goggles - Women's Low-Bridge Fit.

"A special note from REI: This item is designed to best fit people with a low nose bridge. If you're looking for a version of this product called "Asian Fit" or "Asia Fit" on the vendor's website, this is that product. REI has chosen to remove those terms from our descriptions because we believe the industry needs a better way to identify these products. To that end, we are having productive conversations about establishing a more accurate term with the brands we sell."

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Got curious about the price of the Smith I/O Mag S. I noticed on the Smith website that an Asian fit version exists. Found an interesting note on the REI webpage for that model, which is listed as Smith I/O MAG S ChromaPop Snow Goggles - Women's Low-Bridge Fit.

"A special note from REI: This item is designed to best fit people with a low nose bridge. If you're looking for a version of this product called "Asian Fit" or "Asia Fit" on the vendor's website, this is that product. REI has chosen to remove those terms from our descriptions because we believe the industry needs a better way to identify these products. To that end, we are having productive conversations about establishing a more accurate term with the brands we sell."
Thoughtful note from REI.

woobata

Diva in Training

echo the io mag/s for a smaller face. beyond the small face, i need the "low bridge" fit. it's the only type that i can wear without a gap between the goggles and the bridge of my nose. i know Spy is a snowboarder brand, but it also makes some smaller women specific goggles. my old Spy's weren't compatible with my new Smith helmet though. However my Spy goggles are literally 10 years old, so maybe the newer models may fill the gaper gap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna