• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Glade survey results: what do skiers think will happen next season?

newboots

Angel Diva
The survey results seem to be about what one would expect. Resorts limiting numbers, cutting amenities, and the rest of us somewhat reluctant to travel about sums it up.

I think there will be more purchasing of backcountry equipment, though. I wonder what shops are ready for this.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The survey results seem to be about what one would expect. Resorts limiting numbers, cutting amenities, and the rest of us somewhat reluctant to travel about sums it up.

I think there will be more purchasing of backcountry equipment, though. I wonder what shops are ready for this.

Ski Monster in Boston is now open by appt. only, I’m going in a few weeks to get my AT boots worked on. Last season was my first with them and I discovered a bony spot on both heels that I never knew I had until going uphill in these boots! So I need some little mold/stretch/grind whatever.. I’m very excited to go to a ski shop, but I’m only going because it’s not open to the general public and will have very restricted access.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's what a ski shop in the DC metro area is doing starting in August. Another ski shop that serves DC and northern VA re-opened in mid-July. The shop in Charlottesville, VA was open by mid-May because it sells stuff for biking and water play during the summer. These shops are relatively small but rarely get too crowded, except perhaps on a few weekends when they have a special sale. So the limitation on capacity may not be making that much difference during the summer. All are independently owned by a local and have been popular for a few decades.

Ski Center, Ltd is Now Open on Saturdays & Tuesdays!
Saturday 10am-5pm, Tuesday 11am-5pm
As per Montgomery County Regulation and to provide the safest possible experience for all of our customers, we will be implementing the following guidelines. Please follow these guidelines for everyone’s protection.
  • All customers must wear a face mask inside the store.
  • No more than 10 customers will be allowed in the store per square footage guidelines.
  • Please use the provided hand sanitizing solutions before handling any merchandise.
  • We will be able to accommodate up to 6 boot fitting customers across three designated boot fitting areas.
  • Markings for social distancing where appropriate.
  • All high contact services will be sanitized every two hours while customers and employees are present.
  • Employees will be sanitizing their hands every two hours or more often as appropriate.
  • We will only be accepting credit or debit cards as payment and all checkout stations will have clear shielding to protect our customers and employees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly