• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Getting Ready With All The Kids/Teenage Independence

OK, tomorrow we head to our local hill with my daughter age 13 (snowboarder), stepdaughter age 13 (skiier), stepson age 11 (snowboarder), daughter age 10 (skiier), and husband age 39 (snowboarder). The boys are going in the truck and I'm taking the 3 girls in my vehicle. All kids have made their lunches and laid out their parkas. Candy bags are filled and labeled (for energy breaks) and the Thule box is loaded. It will be the 4th day out for the kids, who are in their second season of snow sports. It's so exciting seeing them progress. I can't wait until I have a hard time keeping up with them on the mountain, but for now they go pretty slowly and so I'm taking my twin tips to practice skiing switch and playing around. After skiing hard at Big Sky for 4 days in a row on my Volkls, it'll be a mellow day tomorrow on 2 feet of new snow and small crowds since it's such a small local resort (Berkshire East in Charlemont, MA).

Any tips from you ski moms out there as middle-school age children become teens on the hill and get more independent?

Marigee

Angel Diva
At a small resort your 13 year olds should be able to take care of themselves if they want to. You could use 2 way radios and have times to check-in to keep up with them and to have a way to connect in an emergency. Always have them ski/ride with a buddy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly