• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Getting fit for ski season

Tvan

Angel Diva
You are so thoughtful to give me a shout out! I really appreciate it. You’re not skiing this season? Sad to hear. I’m working at Park City this season even if you aren’t skiing I hope you enjoy this season

We are prepared to sit this season out if the COVID situation is too precarious. I'm in a high risk group, and we are being super cautious. I'd rather sit out one season in order to have many more healthy ones as we prepare for a move to Vermont. :smile:

kiki

Angel Diva
Just signed up for a 4 week outdoor bootcamp. 6 am 3 mornings a week outdoors during October. Sounds h$@!!-ish but hoping it goes well. Have two weeks to prep my fitness for that ha ha ha

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'm pretty obsessed with my new Peloton bike and the rest of the workouts on the app in general. I've been spinning (first cardio I actually like), doing core classes, yoga, stretching, barre, and other strength type classes. Looking forward to seeing how this will translate to the slopes when the season starts. I've never been someone to workout most days of the week, in part due to the usual logistics required to go to a gym and classes which are something I personally need to stay focused. Having all of this class content, a number of very enthusiastic groups on social media, and my bike that I'm able to use at home while also working from home is truly a game changer for my motivation and enjoyment level.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm pretty obsessed with my new Peloton bike and the rest of the workouts on the app in general. I've been spinning (first cardio I actually like), doing core classes, yoga, stretching, barre, and other strength type classes. Looking forward to seeing how this will translate to the slopes when the season starts. I've never been someone to workout most days of the week, in part due to the usual logistics required to go to a gym and classes which are something I personally need to stay focused. Having all of this class content, a number of very enthusiastic groups on social media, and my bike that I'm able to use at home while also working from home is truly a game changer for my motivation and enjoyment level.
Did you ever get in to in line skating? Another good prep for skiing.

kiki

Angel Diva
Well the outdoor bootcamp was a bust—I managed to pull a muscle in my thigh that took over a week before I could walk without limping, got shin pain that went on for two weeks, and every joint hurt. Apparently outdoor exercise at 6 am is not my thing. Moving right along.

Struggling as I don’t feel comfortable going to indoor places like the gym. Just ordered a new laptop so I can try doing fitness classes in my living room....

This came up as an option on Facebook, has anyone tried It??
https://alpinetrainingproject.com/

Jilly

Staff member
Yes, one and the same. Rollerblade is actually a brand name of an Inline skate. Not sure who is still making beside Rollerblade and K2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna