• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Gear Addiction - Support Group!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Since I am confessing my gear sins, I thought I'd also post pictures of the 2 unneeded (but desired) tops I purchased recently. Note: don't get me started on t-shirts. :yahoo:

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Since I am confessing my gear sins, I thought I'd also post pictures of the 2 unneeded (but desired) tops I purchased recently. Note: don't get me started on t-shirts. :yahoo:

Where did you find those? Is the bottom one Neva (or something like that)

skibum4ever

Angel Diva

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
@santacruz skier, today's coupon is good on that top. It is TTN52621.

Of course, it's only good until 11 pm CA time. Cost is $27.48.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Since 2006, Sierra Trading Post tells me, "You have saved $19,284.58 over regular retail prices on all prior purchases."

:eek:
I'll see your $19.284.58 and raise you......:eek::eek::eek:

Over the last whatever years I have bought tons of gear for our family of four at STP - home goods, outerwear, undergear, dress shoes/boots, winter boots, hiking shoes/boots/pants, backpacks, purses, jewelry, gifts (I just gave my sister a Flylow jacket for xmas). I choose to believe the original MSRP was insane and we done good! The bigger the savings, the less we paid :thumb:

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a small childrens ski shop in my house... still looking for the perfect ski jacket, but even more the perfect ski pants - ski bibs please. I believe in just saying "no to crack" when skiing - as in my case, it usually involves bending over.

Wasn't going to buy this just yet, was going to wait a month or two cause my skis are
perfectly fine up against the wall next to the bookcase. I need a case but no hurry since they aren't getting used anytime soon. However, when I saw there was only 1 left in stock and the price was really good I had a moment of panic and hit buy now.61k8Qv7+agL._SL1002_.jpg

Jilly

Staff member
surfsnowgirl - don't store your skis in the bag. That is just for transporting and protecting them.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
surfsnowgirl - don't store your skis in the bag. That is just for transporting and protecting them.
I agree with you, but what is the best way to store them - hanging on a rack (vertical) or we have some in Tahoe on horizontal racks….

We keep the skis in our climate controlled storage unit from May until November. Does the bag damage the skis? Or are they ok in the bag if kept in the storage unit?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In theory, I prefer horizontal racks because they don't pull on the tip of the ski.

In practice, all my skis are leaned against walls. We do intend to build some ski racks - we really do!

Unfortunately we have a pretty tiny apartment and no room for off season stuff so the skis and all the gear goes off to storage until November. I would love to have them on racks but no room until we get a house. Until then its storage. I just thought the skis would be more protected from "the elements" while in storage for half the year. Should we be taking them out of the ski bags?

Jilly

Staff member
You shouldn't store skis in a bag. Rack is fine, but not in the bag.

My skis are flat in the rafters of the garage. Under a bed is good too. I have a picture somewhere. I really love Volklgirl's set up.

kasuncion6

Certified Ski Diva
Why is it not recommended to store skis in the bag? I cleaned and dried my skis and put some WD-40 on the edges before storing and thought that would be sufficient. Like surfsnowgirl, I also live in a tiny apartment, so storage is very limited.

Jilly

Staff member
OK, you are really good....most people don't clean and dry them...they just shove them in and forget them. WD40 is not a lubricant. It's a cleaner. I would not use it anywhere on my skis. Just use extra wax on the edges. You could just rub some parafin off the block even.

Tiny apartments - that's why under the bed is good! If they fit height wise.

Mount snow has a fair amount of their demo fleet for sale still. Some of them looked really chewed up. However, there was one pair of Volkl Aura's in a 163cm that looked to be in good shape and for $229 seemed a steal. I didn't buy them but it did cause me to pause for a moment.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly