• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Gaspésie?

abc

Banned
I know there're quite a few Canadians on here... some from Quebec!

Anyone has anything to say about the Gaspé penisula? What to do, what to see, where to stay?

On a whimp, I decide I'm going to drive up and do a road trip around the penisula. Will have my kayak and bike with me. Hiking shoes of course. The list of things to do is a bit overwhelming. So I thought I'll narrow it down a bit by hearing from those who had been there and tell me what really stand out from your own personal experience.

On the way, I'll be stopping at Quebec city for a night or so. I've been there few times before. But if there's a hidden gem or two that most tourists didn't know about, I'd be interested in making a side track for it. Good restaurant recommendation is always appreciated.

I will also be spending a few days in the Saguenay river area to do some sea kayaking (hoping to see some whales). So if you've done the same and have advice, I'd love to hear that too. Or other fun things to do on land, for a bit of diversion from my water-based plan.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Sounds like a great trip you have planned. Wish I could recommend specifics, but have only done those areas myself on fairly quick visits. Sea kayaking/whale watching there is something I would love to do. Gorgeous area, as is the Gaspe.

I'll ask around a bit and see if I can come up with anything more.

abc

Banned
"Plan" is glorifying what I had so far! :smile:

All I know about is the little I heard about the whales at Saguenay river, and a brochure picture of Perce Rock at the tip of Gaspe.

The rest, I'll have to wing it with what I find as I go along.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna