• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Gaper Day at Jackson Hole = Trees on Fire

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
https://snowbrains.com/gaper-day-fi..._campaign=gaper-day-fire-jackson-hole-wyoming

There was also a video on reddit of the fire. I'd post the link, but there's profanity, not sure if I'd be breaking the rules by sharing. In the video, I could hear in the background "I'm assuming they know..." The video showed that mostly the tops of the trees were on fire. Maybe someone threw a cigarette butt out of the gondola? The article would suggest that Gaper Day really got out of hand. They had to close down a lift early because too many people were drinking on the lifts and refusing to follow masking policies. SMH.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
https://snowbrains.com/gaper-day-fi..._campaign=gaper-day-fire-jackson-hole-wyoming

There was also a video on reddit of the fire. I'd post the link, but there's profanity, not sure if I'd be breaking the rules by sharing. In the video, I could hear in the background "I'm assuming they know..." The video showed that mostly the tops of the trees were on fire. Maybe someone threw a cigarette butt out of the gondola? The article would suggest that Gaper Day really got out of hand. They had to close down a lift early because too many people were drinking on the lifts and refusing to follow masking policies. SMH.

Go ahead and post it!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was leaving work and noticed people looking up and saw the flames from the parking area. It is unlikely that it was from the lift as it was quite far from it. Likely people either smoking in the trees, or with a BBQ hiding and partying in the trees.

It still smelled very smoky on some of the gondolas this morning as we loaded them.

The partying seemed less busy than years past, but I am not surprised to hear it got rowdy. I think a lot of the younger crowd has some pent up party energy this pandemic year, and restraint is a tricky one when alcohol is involved. Wish they would wait until apres in the parking lot.

I was skiing with a small kid, so knew to avoid that lift area. Once they closed it, the revelers moved on to the lift we were using. It was definitely not a quiet bunch, but some of them did have great costumes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna