• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's one I prepared for my next turn.

Can't believe I skied down this. It's one of the few pictures that actually seems to not flatten out the terrain.

View attachment 13912
This is Taos, right? Hunziker bowl? It's one of my favorites in Taos. It's steep but def lots more steeper stuff in Taos. :smile: I skied off Kachina and off the Ridge this season BTW! Main Street Kachin was fun, only slightly scary. Skiing off the ridge was scary, Hiking was not, I liked hiking but terrain off the ridge is friggin steep. I got frozen scared though it was probably the easiest way down the ridge.

Jilly

Staff member
I saw today that somewhere where cookies were a usual thing is no more due to Covid....not sure where.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Olesya Chornoguz, you are absolutely correct!

@Après Skier - It was a gorgeous day.

if I hadn’t been in a class I wouldn’t have been there and if I had been there i might not have actually gone down it. But it was fine, i did it, and then later that week we did it again. I can't imagine doing the stuff that Olesya was skiing!
You know 3-4 years ago I would have said the same thing! I remember being terrified in Valkyries 4 years ago I think, now if the snow is soft skiing Valkyries is not big deal, well I still don't like the entrance, but otherwise it's fun. I took Taos ski week every year since then! In 2019 I wanted to ski Kachina but it was closed after the avalanche and the 2020 was the year I did it. I actually had a great ski season until March hit and darn pandemic came. Ok will post a photo next. :smile:

Après Skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pretty day and petty Aspen trees. Also a nice steep slope with beautiful chalky snow.
That looks like maybe it is in Colorado?

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seriously? Can't believe my luck....... never been to Park City. I've been to UT few times, but only to Alta /Bird.

Any takers to post the next photo?
Too funny, I thought you have been there! Great job! I wondered if saying it's a big resort would be a give away since PCMR is combined with Canyons and is the biggest ski resort in UT, and the biggest ski resort in US apparently. Big Sky is in 2nd place.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Too funny, I thought you have been there! Great job! I wondered if saying it's a big resort would be a give away since PCMR is combined with Canyons and is the biggest ski resort in UT, and the biggest ski resort in US apparently. Big Sky is in 2nd place.

Thanks.

I have never been to Vail resorts out west. The times I went to SLC were late season in April, Park City was too slushy to snow by then, always ended up in Alta/Bird.

Yes, big resort was the giveaway...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly