• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Thanks for your thought @alison wong I don't have a smart phone or date splan and, while I have a digital camera, I don't know how to get photos off it and into computer; I print mine the old fashioned way. I've been looking at my intended resort after the above suggestions, but because it's closed since mid March, I can't even find a photo to "try"! :noidea:

Last edited:

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Actually it's a platter lift, not a T-bar. Sometimes called a Poma. Not too many here in NA. And we don't have too many handle or rope tows left. Most places have gone to "magic carpets" for their beginner areas.
Big Sky has a poma. It’s used as a residential lift. I’ve skied through the line, but have never been on it. They look like torture devices!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Yes, I used that one at Big Sky from our condos. And at Sunday River Maine early March it was the ~only~ lift open our last morning there. The company was originally out of Woodstock, VT, my stomping grounds up there. In summer I ride my bike through where it originated.. Personally I prefer those to "magic carpets" which throw me off balance.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Big Sky has a poma. It’s used as a residential lift. I’ve skied through the line, but have never been on it. They look like torture devices!
We stayed in a condo that was Walk out/Ski in based on the poma. Not really that hard but that one is relatively steep. Telluride has a short connector poma that's not steep at all. A snowboarder who was having trouble decided to just walk. He was walking faster than the poma was moving.

The only lift running midweek at Howelson Hill in Steamboat Springs is a poma. It's a long one and has one pretty steep section. There was a novice who was having a really hard time just loading. Her BF was waiting at the top. She eventually got it, but then got off too soon. Where she got off was advanced terrain. He had to go down and than they walked up from there. Moral: let the novice go first.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Think it is somewhere NE, definitely not out west.
Which ski resort has blue jacket uniform for instructors?
Don't think it is whitetail because ski instructor's jacket is green. Terrain does not like Roundtop, or M'nut.
My guess; Elk?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly