• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Frustrated on the East Coast

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you @marzNC
@Audski sorry if I put some repetitive stuff in here. As a family of 4 skiing, it can get expensive very quick. Last year we skied a few different mountains with the Max Pass.

In addition to the Max Pass last season we got our usual Pico Pass. For us it makes the most sense to get a season pass, being that we skied so many days. One benefit to Pico, is that you get the "Summit Guarantee", so if the summit chair is not running for whatever reason, you can ski Killington with your Pico Pass or lift ticket. Unfortunately, if things are not good at Pico, they are usually not good at K-ton. With a season pass, you can also get the Spring Pass, which usually starts around March 15, for under $200, which allows unlimited skiing and riding at Killington until they close. Pico normally stays open till first weekend of April. One year the snow was horrible and they had to close early, and we were able to ski Killington till April 5 for free. Just FYI, that Pico is closed Tuesday and Wednesdays except holiday weeks.

I saw that you ski Belleayre which is good for families close to NYC. This can be a pro and a con. There is of course the Ski3 Pass, which gives you Belleayre, Gore and Whiteface, though the prices went up. So if you want to get some holiday weekends at Gore or Whiteface, it gives you that option. If you have a 4th or 5th grader they can ski 3 days free at a bunch or mountains in NY. https://www.iskiny.com/ski-deals. The NY Gold Pass is sold out, but they will offer discounted lift tickets in December at the ISkiNY link.

For near Ludlow, you are right that the Okemo window price is a bit hefty for a family. Last year we took advantage of our Max Passes, so we got in at least 5 days there. (We skied 61 total). Maybe liftopia might have some last minute deals.

Also near Ludlow is of course Magic, which we hope to ski this season. If Plattekill/Magic is an option you might want to look at the Freedom Pass. From NYC, Plattekill is only about 2.5 hours.

Also, Bromley is sort of near Ludlow and Stratton, neither of which I can comment on, but we hope to ski this season, and are supposed to be great for families.

I hope my info is somewhat useful.
Below is our latest edit at Pico, filmed last season, it has been entered into a few film competitions:

https://www.albaadventures.com/adve...ason-5-episode-6-redemption-pico-mountain-vt/

newboots

Angel Diva
I was looking on liftopia yesterday hoping for some discounted tickets. No Okemo on liftopia. However, they did have a 4-pack, I think, that was well-priced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna