• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

French Polynesia

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This had been a dream trip for me for a long time and I finally got to go.
It rained in Tahiti--not just showers but a rainy day, but that didn't stop the sightseeing.
P1120821 copy 2.jpg

Luckily, the weather improved on Moorea
P1130028 copy 2.jpg

Bora Bora was simply beautiful. I had always wanted to stay in one of those overwater bungalows, and it was a lot of fun!
P1130271 copy 2.jpg

The snorkeling was nice with Lemon sharks and Black Tipped Reef sharks.
Lemon shark complete with remora attached.
IMGP0264 copy 2.jpg

After snorkeling, a picnic on a motu
IMG_1403 copy 2.jpg

Back in Tahiti, on a sunny day
P1130418 copy 2.jpg

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Lovely!

I'm just reading about Tahiti in Tony Horwitz' book, Blue Latitudes, which traces the voyages of Captain Cook. Part of it has to do with what Tahiti was like, then and now. You might want to read it.

Christy

Angel Diva
We did this a couple years ago! Huahine and Bora Bora, and a night on Tahiti before the flight back. Lying on the bed of an OWB with the breeze coming in may have been the single most relaxing experience I've had in my entire life. We loved it and will go back. Maybe to Tahaa next time.

That must have been a long series of flights for you!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That sunset! Sounds like a fantastic trip, thanks for sharing photos.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks--it's the type of place where it's hard to take a bad picture because everything is so beautiful no matter what angle

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What a great trip! Amazing photos.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
FP is one of my favorite destinations. I try to go every other year. Once you get the Polynesian Flu, you never get rid of it. Your photos are beautiful and appreciated!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly