• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Found my new off-season addiction

ride_ski

Angel Diva
Had to share with the Divas. Did my first flying trapeze lesson the other day. OMG- what a blast. I highly recommend trying it. I will be doing it again (and probably again and again....)

Could be another activity for a Diva get-together :thumbsup:

Jenny

Angel Diva
We tried it a few years ago when one of the other divas posted about it and it was a blast!

Did you get to try the recatch on the trapeze you just left? DH managed to get one hand on it - I was nowhere near it, although I did see it go by . . .

ride_ski

Angel Diva
Jenny,
No return catches attempted by us- maybe next time. There were 4 people there who were very good- instructors at another flying location, so they were trying it as well as doing much more advanced releases than the basic catch.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Could be another activity for a Diva get-together :thumbsup:

That would definitely be one for the memory books! :becky:

ride_ski

Angel Diva
marzNC, we went to a place in NH just north of Concord called Fearless Flyers Academy
https://www.fearlessflyersacademy.com/
It's owned by a husband and wife- this is their first year with the business. It's outside essentially in the middle of a paddock at a horse farm. What is interesting is that the owners got their start on the trapeze (and they met there as well) at an indoor trapeze school in a local furniture store - I kid you not. Look at all the stuff they have in the store...
https://www.jordans.com/About-Us/Store-Locations/Reading.aspx

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Bravo, ride_ski!

:clap:

Tell you what - you all decide to gather for this and I'll shoot the videos. :becky:
Then edit, splice, produce.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Ah, well - given the torn-but-healing subscapularis....yep, I'll do the videos. You know how I feel about creating those! :wink:

ride_ski

Angel Diva
Thanks! Just watched the video with my daughter. As expected, she wants to know when we can go. :becky:

If you want to show her more and are on FB, check out their facebook page. They actually posted a video of everyone in our class doing the last tries- it's down a few posts. There were some people that were REALLY good..

Jenny

Angel Diva
Jenny,
No return catches attempted by us- maybe next time. There were 4 people there who were very good- instructors at another flying location, so they were trying it as well as doing much more advanced releases than the basic catch.
That would be really cool to see them up close like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly