• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Flights cancelations everywhere. What are your experiences?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Update 1: So far so good. Flying out of Logan on a Sunday morning seems much better than Saturday as one might expect. Very quick to get through check in and security. And I wasn’t even in TSA pre-check because I let mine lapse.. need to fix that another time.

Now at gate and showing on-time status for take off at 7am flying through Dallas.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Update 1: So far so good. Flying out of Logan on a Sunday morning seems much better than Saturday as one might expect. Very quick to get through check in and security. And I wasn’t even in TSA pre-check because I let mine lapse.. need to fix that another time.

Now at gate and showing on-time status for take off at 7am flying through Dallas.
I got my TSA Precheck at a Staples!! Hope you have smooth sailing and enjoy all that POWDER!!!!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Staples has TSA pre check?
YES! Here in NY I went over to Saratoga and got my # in 2days!!! When you do the application there's a place to look for service centers, I never did the Precheck it used to be go to NYC or the Canadian border!
And My United Card credited me back the $78!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
YES! Here in NY I went over to Saratoga and got my # in 2days!!! When you do the application there's a place to look for service centers, I never did the Precheck it used to be go to NYC or the Canadian border!
And My United Card credited me back the $78!!
Thanks for the tip. I just googled our local Staples and they do offer TSA pre check - 5 years for $78 a pretty good deal.

mustski

Angel Diva
I haven’t flown since summer, but all these snafus have me thinking twice! Winter weather has always created travel issues but this season was just out of control! Southwest really needs to look at their scheduling. Flights between San Diego and Phoenix should not be impacted due to East coast weather. The storm was predicted well in advance. Get your planes and your crews where you need them- before the storm hits. Not every flight needs to be impacted. That was just a case of bad planning.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Meant to update yesterday, but then got to CO and wanted to explore. :smile: Then I was exhausted and passed out by 9:30pm.

So we made it to Dallas, where we were connecting, without a hitch. We did have to wait on the tarmac for quite awhile to be able to park and deboard. I am really glad I chose a schedule with a 2 hour layover over the option with 1 hour. Had we done the latter I’m not sure we or our luggage would have made the connection. It was low stress since we did have so long and were able to get to the terminal we had to change to for our next flight and had time for lunch too which I really needed by that point.

Our plane in Dallas started boarding ontime, finished up, and then we sat there for over 40 MINUTES “waiting for some paperwork on the plane that they needed and didn’t have” to be able to leave. This was odd and a bit frustrating to me, but not a big deal overall. We landed in Vail an hour late, but luckily our ride was flexible and such so there was no problem there. I really liked Vail airport, it was fast and easy to get luggage and skis back and then hit the road.

So all in all our travels were uneventful thankfully. There were just some weird delays with being able to park when landing and being able to leave again with paperwork in Dallas. I am grateful that was the extent of it, and that we didn’t have a tight connection to stress over.

It makes me a little wary of my current flight schedule for Taos though as I believe we have a pretty tight connection in Midway and it’s Southwest.

marzNC

Angel Diva
It makes me a little wary of my current flight schedule for Taos though as I believe we have a pretty tight connection in Midway and it’s Southwest.
It's been a few years, but I didn't have trouble making connections with only about an hour between flights for MDW on Southwest.

Christy

Angel Diva
I was never in the habit of buying trip insurance but after breaking my ankle 2 days before a vacation a couple years ago, and with all the Covid that continued to go around last year, it seemed prudent before my December Costa Rica trip, where we stayed in fairly expensive lodging that was non-refundable closer than 30 days in advance (plus there was a non-refundable domestic Cessna flight). Then lo and behold, our flight from SEA was cancelled and we missed a day--including the domestic flight and a night of lodging--and we incurred extra expenses as our rerouted flight included a night in Houston (not recommended).

Boy did they put me through the ringer when I filed a claim. I now think that must be part of the strategy of travel insurance companies. At least Generali. Just today my claim was fulfilled but it took a lot of calls and emails and polite escalation. One tip: buy through the reputable insurance broker insuremytrip.com. They actually greased the wheels and advocated for me with Generali. They have a great tool for helping your choose a policy, too.

So all in all it was worth it. I spent $350 on a policy that reimbursed me for $2400 worth of new expenses and prepaid/missed lodging. I will go through insuremytrip.com again but I will avoid Generali if for no other reason than if you need a password reset, there is literally no way to get one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna