• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

First timer tips for Lake Louise and Banff?

alison wong

Angel Diva
@Lilia - yes 3 separate buses. Since they all share the same stops, I'd check the destination before getting on.
Bus to LL and SSV is like Greyhound bus, Norquay bus is smaller, more like a shuttle van (?)
As for gears, some people bring ski poles onto the bus. If not, it'd be helpful to strap your poles and skis together and put in the storage compartment of the bus.
You take helmet + boots onto the bus. Some people wear them.

Side note, no bus runs between 3 mtns. Therefore, it is not possible to visit 2 mins on the same day if you are using their shuttle service.

Jilly

Staff member
Next Friday....but I have a truck....seriously any questions that aren't answered email Big 3.

SnowSeeker

Angel Diva
I hope it’s ok to piggy back onto this post bc it sounds like many divas here have great Banff/LL info!

We are headed there in 10 days for some early season skiing. It’s a short 5 day trip with connections so my husband and I were thinking about bringing our boots but demoing skis for ourselves (we are both in the market for new skis anyway). If anyone has a suggestion for a good demo place or, even better, a shop with demo-to-buy, I would appreciate any info. We are staying at Chateau LL but we will have a car. Also any suggestions for activities for kids 9 and 13, would be great. They are prolific skiers and snowshoers but we may want more to do, given it’s early season conditions. We haven’t been to Banff in a long time so I’m sure things have changed over the decades.

Think snow! Thanks

Christy

Angel Diva
I hope it’s ok to piggy back onto this post bc it sounds like many divas here have great Banff/LL info!

We are headed there in 10 days for some early season skiing. It’s a short 5 day trip with connections so my husband and I were thinking about bringing our boots but demoing skis for ourselves (we are both in the market for new skis anyway). If anyone has a suggestion for a good demo place or, even better, a shop with demo-to-buy, I would appreciate any info. We are staying at Chateau LL but we will have a car. Also any suggestions for activities for kids 9 and 13, would be great. They are prolific skiers and snowshoers but we may want more to do, given it’s early season conditions. We haven’t been to Banff in a long time so I’m sure things have changed over the decades.

Think snow! Thanks

Call the stores up there to see if they do early-season demos. Here in the PNW anyway stores won't demo early-season because of the chance of getting scraped on a rock. They want a really deep base. I tried to demo in the spring at Lake Louise/Banff last year and all the stores told me they already had them in storage for the season, because they didn't have enough demand to make it worth their while.

Jilly

Staff member

Think snow! Thanks
You realize the world cup downhill races are on then!! Men's first then the women's at Lake Louise.

I'm heading out to Calgary tomorrow for a 4 day course. Friday I'm off to Banff to ski. I'm taking boots, no skis. So I'll let you know what I find out for rentals...

SnowSeeker

Angel Diva
You realize the world cup downhill races are on then!! Men's first then the women's at Lake Louise.

I'm heading out to Calgary tomorrow for a 4 day course. Friday I'm off to Banff to ski. I'm taking boots, no skis. So I'll let you know what I find out for rentals...

Yes! That’s partly why we are going to LL. We will watch one day of racing on our last day there. I hope you get some good conditions - looks like they had great powder last weekend (based on their Facebook page). Any info is much appreciated on rentals/demos. Have a great trip!

Lilia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking at the photos of ski racks outside the chalet, I don't seem to notice any locked gear.
Do the outsde ski racks at LL and SSV have places for ski locks? Are they SkiKey compatible?

ll racks.JPG

Last edited:

Christy

Angel Diva
I want a race report!! I don't know if you guys have ever watched a ski race but dress super super warm. When you are just sitting and watching it can get so cold, especially at LL.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly