• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

First ride of the season

Tvan

Angel Diva
I finally got to the barn last night for my first ride of the season. I rode a new horse who is much taller than any I've previously ridden. I was a little apprehensive when I tacked him up, but once I got into the saddle, he and I got along just fine.

He has an interesting trot...very "up and down" sort of motion. I was instantly able to tell when I was posting on the wrong diagonal, which was new for me. I posted for most of the lesson without getting fatigued.

I'm tired today, but not sore, so I'm considering last night to be a successful lesson!

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
was he a warmblood or a thoroughbred? they have a lot more throw in their stride! I'm reworking an OTTB right now (17 hands )and I really feel 50 with out a mount block! Lol!

Tvan

Angel Diva
He's a quarter horse who just happens to be tall. He and I had a good lesson last week and I'm hoping for more of the same this week!

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sounds great! I'm awestruck that you posted for most of your first lesson of the season and you were not sore after! Must be all that time in the mogul fields, eh? :D

I've been riding a big QH (16.1hh) for lessons, and his trot is bouncy enough that I can feel when I'm on the right/wrong diagonal too. That's really helpful - when my teacher video'ed us posting last week I wound up looking at the horse to check the diagonals, and I realized just how much that pulls me out of position.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Serafina, you give me too much credit! No moguls for me - I'm a wuss.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Darn... here I am thinking that all this posting is going to make me rule the bumps, come the winter... or at least, be able to crush beer cans between my thighs. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna