• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

First boot fitting and sticker shock

Mistletoes

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Reporting back, I've had 2 days on my fitted boots. First day, fifth turn? I crossed my tips and fell on a very easy green :doh: I remember thinking hmm my ankle feels weird but I skied a couple more runs and felt more in control and forward in my boots but they hurt, so tight! I took the week off since my ankle was still aching and I wasn't psyched to put my feet back in the boots (the fitter warned me they would be very tight at first and may take a few days of getting used to). I was also wondering if I didn't secure my heel in the back of the boot on my first day.
Went out again today and really took the time to get my foot secured in the boot like the fitter taught me. The results were better. No ankle pain. I enjoyed feeling the immediate feedback from my skis.

newboots

Angel Diva
Skiing is so expensive that those of us who are born bargain-hunters may not appreciate the need for good equipment. I’ve had poorly-fitting borrowed equipment while XC skiing, and I would have preferred staying home. As a kid I had rental skates at Rockefeller Center and, although I was a reasonably good skater, they wouldn’t hold my feet up and I had a miserable time.

I have good equipment now, but I just had my boots refitted at the end of last season. What a difference!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna