• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fill in the blank.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Still skiing!! :laugh:

However, to bridge the gap between seasons, I've settled on mountain biking to get that same adrenaline rush. :D

altagirl

Staff member
Biking of any sort. Mountain is #1, but I'm pretty addicted to road biking too. The last few days have been road riding before work, mountain biking after work...

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
tennis

I actually think it's better for skiing than people might think ... lots of work on balance, quick feet, explosive movements, focus, anaerobic stuff.

I unfortunately have a skier's thumb injury in my right hand, though, and cannot play. I did not get the injury while skiing, but I have to go to a hand surgeon next week to see how screwed up it is.

(Beware: I originally hurt my hand a few years ago while taking a loaded Transpack off my back ... the shoulder strap slid down my arm but caught on my thumb, so I had, what, 25 lb hanging off of it. Not recommended. I actually haven't put my boots in my Transpack since, I just strap them together and carry separately. I guess it was a freak accident, but still.. )

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree on tennis, especially if you're like I was and chase every ball like a golden retriever. :D For a while I played for a few hours twice a week with some buddies and had great legs (they felt great, anyway!).

Unfortunately I don't feel safe with tennis any more because of the torn cartilage that lurks in my left shoulder (I'm left-handed). I manage to do a lot (including awkward falls while skiing) but hitting backhand just seems like I'd be asking for it.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree on tennis, especially if you're like I was and chase every ball like a golden retriever. :D For a while I played for a few hours twice a week with some buddies and had great legs (they felt great, anyway!).

Unfortunately I don't feel safe with tennis any more because of the torn cartilage that lurks in my left shoulder (I'm left-handed). I manage to do a lot (including awkward falls while skiing) but hitting backhand just seems like I'd be asking for it.

You play righty and I'll play lefty, then! It should be a very, um, attractive match. :laugh:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You play righty and I'll play lefty, then! It should be a very, um, attractive match. :laugh:

I thought of that, but just to be annoying, the same area of cartilage had to be trimmed off my right labrum, so the impact of hitting a tennis ball as hard as I'd like isn't a good idea. :eek: I do miss playing, but the penalty for a re-injury is too high for my taste.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Showing my horse! I am so blessed!!
299680_2484803245766_1423189747_32891027_471934552_n.jpg

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dancing. Although, that's not really a sport... but it's still good exercise!

mustski

Angel Diva
Swimming - not for fun or competitively, just for exercise. Unfortunately, reading doesn't count as a sport and I'm pretty sure my occasional leisurely bike ride or water skiing doesn't count either. How about hefting a wine glass ... if it's big enough, is it weight lifting? JK!

abc

Banned
A lot of people just vegetate (or catch up on chores etc.) when they're "off" their seasonal obsession. Sometimes it's important to do nothing...

A better thread would be, you off-season ACTIVITY!

But it wouldn't be in the "off season SPORTS" section though.

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
Sailing, gym, biking, hiking, I would like to do kayaking next spring. Lots of activities like catching up on all the work from winter and finishing the house. DH and I are still climbing the 13' ext. ladder to our bedroom in the attic ... So finishing the stairs should figure (I've completed the framework for the landing) but I actually don't mind using the ladder which is good agility training until I sprain an ankle or have ACL reconstructed :redface:

Moongidget

Angel Diva
Swimming, cycling, backpacking, and also relaxing - totally a sport, and there is definately an art to it. What wine to pair with this cheese...did I cycle enough to earn the wine and cheese? Why am I not French? :bounce:

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
As much as I love skiing, I am first and foremost a swimmer; I swam more than 350 lengths of my pool this week in the 36 hours before my knee surgery. The cover was to go on Tuesday anyway, so everyone thinks I planned it that way... But I try to run my ski and swim seasons as close together as I possible can. And I throw in some tame biking to keep active between. I also love canoeing, kayaking, association croquet and tennis. What I don't like is being out of commision for the next six weeks of recovery! WAHHH!!!!

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dancing. Although, that's not really a sport... but it's still good exercise!
Dancing for me as well! Dancing can require lots of stamina ans strength and yes it is a great exercise. Also yoga and occasionally running with my hubby when the weather is nice and we have time.

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Other than planning for next ski season, Triathlon! - swim, bike, run, eat, sleep and repeat.

I'd love to do a cycle vacations during Tour de France. If the trip happens, I'll need some help with suggestions on what crazy costumes to wear when running up the hill next to the pros :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna