• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fibula fracture, concussion in March

cvana

Certified Ski Diva
So my East ski season ended in March with a Weber C fracture of the fibula - and my daughter got a concussion on the same day (different ski accident). I just had a slow-motion tip over after coming (nearly) to a stop - twisted and tipped uphill, but my foot did not come with me. You can see the dual spiral fracture below. She tipped backward into a tree well in the soft snow and hit her head on the tree. We both have been in a long recovery. My daughter (now a high school Senior) missed school since the end of March, which has been very difficult to deal with. I have finished my PT after surgery, and am feeling pretty strong and stable, though I have to work more on balance and flexibility. We are both primed to ski this winter, and will be scouring the forums as we research new equipment. I, for one, am going to give up my stiff Langes (which I love) in favor of a softer flexing boot - it was hard to get into them before, and will be even harder now!

xray.jpg

Jilly

Staff member
You can heal, I'm more concerned about your daughter. Paging @Robyn. She had a concussion this winter too, so she might have some ideas to help your daughter.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Oof, that looks painful! Sorry to hear about your accident, and your daughter's, too. Hope you have a better season ahead!

cvana

Certified Ski Diva
You can heal, I'm more concerned about your daughter. Paging @Robyn. She had a concussion this winter too, so she might have some ideas to help your daughter.
Jilly, thank you - she has had excellent care. Will be returning to school with a modified schedule and reduced workload. The social part has been difficult, but her friends have been supportive and hopefully this year will start well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna