• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Female aviator going into space at age 82, meet Wally Funk

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ever heard of Wally Funk? I hadn't until I saw this headline. She'll be on the upcoming flight with Jeff Bezos.

Quite an aviator and important member of the aviation industry going way back.

"Mary Wallace "Wally" Funk (born February 1, 1939) is an American aviator and Goodwill Ambassador. She was the first female air safety investigator for the National Transportation Safety Board, the first female civilian flight instructor at Fort Sill, Oklahoma, and the first female Federal Aviation Agency inspector, as well as one of the Mercury 13.
. . ."

newboots

Angel Diva
Having so much hesitation about celebrating the [ridiculous, IMHO] space flights of billionaires, I didn't realize that Wally was a woman! How awesome for her!

I do wish the billionaires would spend those billions on fixing world hunger, or promoting COVID vaccines, or something.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna