• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fear to steeps

Mili

Diva in Training
Hello ski divas!!! Im
So glad I found this forum!!! I’m skiing at Jackson Hole with my mom and brother who are advanced skiers. We are from Argentina. Today was my second day skiing after 16 years and it seems that I can’t overcome fear to speed when I go down blue slopes and enjoy my day with the
group. I consider my self a novice skier. The first mistake I made was not to take a class on the first day and now is too lye for that. I wish you could give some advise please on what are the easiest blue slopes so I can start challenging my self.

Thank you very much !!
XXX

marzNC

Angel Diva
Welcome! Paging @snoWYmonkey , who is an instructor at JHMR.

What lifts have you been taking? The blues at JHMR are relatively steep compared to most other big mountain resorts. Not skiing for 16 years is a pretty long time. How many more days of skiing do you have left?

Mili

Diva in Training
Welcome! Paging @snoWYmonkey , who is an instructor at JHMR.

What lifts have you been taking? The blues at JHMR are relatively steep compared to most other big mountain resorts. Not skiing for 16 years is a pretty long time. How many more days of skiing do you have left?

Thank you for you answer @marzNC !! I already took both sides of Tweenot many times, Eagles Rest, sweetwater. I took AVQ and did Werner twice but with difficulties and at a very slow pace. I have two more days, my last day is next Thursday. xxx

marzNC

Angel Diva
Did you see a Mountain Host at the base of Teewinot? Always good to ask a Host which of the easier trails are in the best shape on a given day. When I was there with friends who are intermediates, the advice we got was to check out the blues off the Casper chairlift. You get to Casper by riding to the top of Sweetwater.

Werner is a hard blue.

Mili

Diva in Training
Fantastic @marzNC ! Thank you very much for your advise and for taking the time to answer ! I’ll do as you say,
have a good night
xx

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dear Mili,

Glad you are skiing again and sorry for the challenges. I suggest skiing upper werner then take south pass traverse to teewinot gully. Or as @marzNC suggested easy does it off of Casper. Another option is top of Gros ventre (start on the far right) or take lupine way from the top to get to amphitheatre then use marmot lift and ride the gondola down when done with those laps. Make sure to take lupine or you'll be on some seriously steep blues.

How is eagle's rest for you?

You could still take a lesson! Even if it is the last day it will carry over to your next trip. Make sure to take notes and stick them in your ski jacket pocket.

Mili

Diva in Training
Dear Mili,

Glad you are skiing again and sorry for the challenges. I suggest skiing upper werner then take south pass traverse to teewinot gully. Or as @marzNC suggested easy does it off of Casper. Another option is top of Gros ventre (start on the far right) or take lupine way from the top to get to amphitheatre then use marmot lift and ride the gondola down when done with those laps. Make sure to take lupine or you'll be on some seriously steep blues.

How is eagle's rest for you?

You could still take a lesson! Even if it is the last day it will carry over to your next trip. Make sure to take notes and stick them in your ski jacket pocket.
Thank you @snoWYmonkey!! I did Easy do it three times today and then went down via south pass traverse. I think the today’s powder helped me a lot! I really enjoyed it until the wind starter to blow heavily. I didn’t find the traverse very easy because im a lil’ afraid to “cliffs” however they aren’t that high.
Thank you very much for your advise. Tomorrow I’ll repeat it and try another one.
xxx

Mili

Diva in Training
welcome!!! I suppose you will get to ski again in Argentine during your winter?
Thank you!!! Yes!! I wish the COVID situation let us go there! So can keep practising.
I heard last winter was really awesome, but we don’t have the same snow quality you have here. The advantage is that a blue slope her is a red one down there. ;)

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mili, that was the windiest I have seen it on the valley floor in 19 years! 63 mph at the airport, yikes.

I usually ski the traverse right in the middle, or a little to the uphill side, leaving enough room for people to pass on both sides. I too worry that someone will ski me off the edge. I also use a snowplow/wedge/pizza to slow down. I know I have the right of way and could make turns, but worry about getting hit from behind.

I will be out there training tomorrow in the race course and all over the hill.

Mili

Diva in Training
Mili, that was the windiest I have seen it on the valley floor in 19 years! 63 mph at the airport, yikes.

I usually ski the traverse right in the middle, or a little to the uphill side, leaving enough room for people to pass on both sides. I too worry that someone will ski me off the edge. I also use a snowplow/wedge/pizza to slow down. I know I have the right of way and could make turns, but worry about getting hit from behind.

I will be out there training tomorrow in the race course and all over the hill.
Thank you again for your advise ! Your the best ! I wish we can come across! Today is my last day. Hope you enjoy this sunny day ! xxx

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna