• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite ski apps in 2019?

marzNC

Angel Diva
A recent NY Times article about favorite apps related to skiing included one that I'm using on a regular basis, OpenSnow. Although I still prefer the desktop version because I like to look at the forecast maps. But I think I'll be bringing along an iPad on ski trips this season and am getting more used to the iOS interface.

The apps I hadn't heard about before are Peak Finder and Off the Grid.

I don't really need Off the Grid to stay off my iPhone while on the slopes, but it's an interesting concept. It's a free app that launched in 2017. I can see where it might be useful for someone who spends a lot of time on multiple social media platforms such as SnapChat, Instagram, Facebook, etc. and is getting notifications all the time.

Peak Finder sounds very cool. I like the fact that it's international. Going to look into that app more.

What's your favorite app for before, during, or after skiing? Not including EpicMix or the new Ikon app.

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to use the Mammoth app to track my skiing (since I ski 80% at Mammoth) but this I’ve noticed it doesn’t work anymore. I can’t even pull up my old tracking data from last year. Does anyone have a favorite tracking app they use?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't really use apps when I ski, though I highly recommend Slopesquad (which is a website instead of a native app) created by our own Ski Diva, RachelV. It's a way to keep track of my number of ski days as well as when and where I've skied, compare my seasons, and compare my info with my friends. I've used it for 9 seasons now, and it's pretty cool to review my historical data.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I use Slopes when I remember to start it running. I use EpicMix on Vail Resorts mountains as an afterthought to see what I’ve done for the day if I forget to use Slopes. I just installed OpenSnow on my phone and will see how much use I make of it.

Jilly

Staff member
I have used Trace, but it drains the battery with the cold and data link. I would like to use the Ikon app, but not available yet in Canada.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I tried to register on Slopesquad but never received the confirmation email and it was not in my spam... @RachelV any suggestions?

Zard

Certified Ski Diva
I used to use my garmen but it drains the battery on my watch. Switched to slopes, now using icon app, but I’m not sure if it’s correct for speed? Might go back to slopes.

jskis190

Certified Ski Diva
I'm not a very techy person. What I like about Epic is they do a lot of stats for you. You can see your vertical feet, which lifts you used and they keep the information for multiple years. I missed that the last two seasons with Ikon and MaxPass.

Catherine88

Certified Ski Diva
I'm not a very techy person. What I like about Epic is they do a lot of stats for you. You can see your vertical feet, which lifts you used and they keep the information for multiple years. I missed that the last two seasons with Ikon and MaxPass.
Ski Tracks does all this too! (and I’m not a rep)

angelaskis

Certified Ski Diva
+1 for SkiTracks! It's no frills and costs less than a dollar for the premium version. Also @jskis190 I believe the Epic stats are estimates based on the lifts you take, while using Skitracks-like apps use your actual location data. Might be splitting hairs on the estimates but sometimes Epic misses detecting you going up the lift, and I like that you get speed info too!

I've also used Sno Cru for tracking but that one is a huge battery suck, and also told my friend he hit 80mph once (*insert skeptical face here*). A fun thing is that you can join a "crew" and see how you matched up to your friends.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna