• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite piece of new (or old) gear?

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I seldom wax romantic about gear, but have to say hurray for high tech goggle lenses. I have owned photochromatic lenses before, but the transitions lens on my new Dragon goggles is the bomb. Especially for teaching as there is no mirror coating on them. One lens really does it all, from 15% to 75%, these guys are great in low light to full sun. OK, that felt weird.... but I just had to share in case people are in the market. Quite pricey, but so far they have been worth every penny.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Those sound cool! I'll have to see where I can try them; I have a hard time finding goggles that fit my face.

This is my latest purchase, which I actually got for work, but started using while skiing, to practice for my theoretical solo trip next season, where parking by the lifts won't be an option:

431_1075_xl.jpg

Osprey Tempest 9. Super light. Cute. Snazzy helmet holder. Plenty of pockets and spaces to fit all that I might need as the weather shifts. The only shortcoming is that the water bottle holder is not very secure--which could be good if you love skiing the lift line--and hard to reach while the pack's still on my back.

SkiBilly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Without a doubt my fan goggles. I've had them for the last 3 seasons and they are the best invention ever...no more fogging glasses!!!!!! They have been a godsend as I can't wear contacts due to corneal dystrophy.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I seldom wax romantic about gear, but have to say hurray for high tech goggle lenses. I have owned photochromatic lenses before, but the transitions lens on my new Dragon goggles is the bomb. Especially for teaching as there is no mirror coating on them. One lens really does it all, from 15% to 75%, these guys are great in low light to full sun. OK, that felt weird.... but I just had to share in case people are in the market. Quite pricey, but so far they have been worth every penny.

@snoWYmonkey, I've heard these are pretty great. Do you have the X1 or the X1S? How's the fit?

elemmac

Angel Diva
My favorite is old gear...A pair of Oakley pants...The "bib" portion of the pant zips off, and I've never actually worn it.

I bought them because I had always wanted white pants, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money on them cause I knew they'd get dirty and only last a season. These were a killer deal so I figured if they only last a season, they're worth it. I think I'm on season 5-ish with them. They are the most comfortable pants I've ever owned, and are just the right warmth for me.

Yes, they're white, and yes, they are absolutely disgusting now. The bottom of the pant legs are duct taped and look like a rabid cat got to them. To top it off, last time I washed them, the detergent stained them, so now they have random bluish splotches. But still...I haven't been able to get rid of them, maybe this is the year to find a new favorite pair.:frown:
oakley-float-pnt-wmns-wht-10-zoom.jpg

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
By Thermic boot heaters!
Funny, I have hotronic heaters and I did not even think to mention them as they are as integral to my skiing as the ski and the boot!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@snoWYmonkey, I've heard these are pretty great. Do you have the X1 or the X1S? How's the fit?
I have the X1S. Turns out that while I do have a small face, they are a tad too narrow on the sides. Once I was moving at speed the more limited range of vision (my goggles for many years have been the Smith IO/S) did not bother me thankfully. Would be curious about the larger version. The lens is very flexible which is interesting too.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
For me, too, it's my Hotronic boot heaters. I honestly don't think I could ski without them. My feet are always, always cold, so for me, they're a life saver.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I think it's a tie between the Face Saver and the Hot Buns. Originally got the Hot Buns for rainy or snowy days, but find that I like using it to keep warm when sitting on the lift in general. Even when temps aren't that cold at Massanutten, I'm wearing it in the mornings when I only have shell pants and a light pair of pants.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's a tie between the Face Saver and the Hot Buns. Originally got the Hot Buns for rainy or snowy days, but find that I like using it to keep warm when sitting on the lift in general. Even when temps aren't that cold at Massanutten, I'm wearing it in the mornings when I only have shell pants and a light pair of pants.

Yes! The FaceSaver! :thumbsup:

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Been rocking the Ninja Suit for about 3 years now. Favorite piece of ski/camping gear for sure. Can't live without it!
View attachment 4822

omg. omg. never seen this before. looks perfect for Alberta!

Is the Ninja Suit a lightweight merino @MeganMT ? And, a bit of an embarrassing question - how do you go to the bathroom in that thing? do you have to take the whole thing off?

RuthB

Angel Diva
omg. omg. never seen this before. looks perfect for Alberta!

Is the Ninja Suit a lightweight merino @MeganMT ? And, a bit of an embarrassing question - how do you go to the bathroom in that thing? do you have to take the whole thing off?

What you are looking for Albertan ski girl is the mons royale monsie like this https://www.torpedo7.co.nz/products/CUMRBN504/title/mons-royale-women-s-merino-monsie

It's merino and there are some review out there I think. I don't have a monsie but I do have mobs royale tops and a hero hoody and their stuff is fantastic quality and washes and wears well.

It's available in Canada too. This is their website, which if you select CA will give you the winter range.

https://www.monsroyale.com

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Thermanator. Warms and dries boots, gloves, and anything I can drape on it, silently and quickly.

Also, this North Face technical top I bought 3 season ago that has an insert on the back and under the arms to let heat escape. It's a perfect thermal management tool.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna