• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite Narrow-Waisted Skis (below 80 mm)

MissySki

Angel Diva
No, I haven't tried it yet, though I really want to.
Ohhhh for some reason it just hit me that what I was thinking were the Nelas when I posted this last night were actually the Renoun Earharts. :doh: That’s what I get for scrolling around on my phone when I wake up in the middle of the night.

Amie H

Angel Diva
@MissySki I just got Nela 80s and skied them yesterday. Turning radius was great, I tried a short bump run and it was weirdly easy in them.

Hopefully my fitness level can improve to really putting them to a test. There was so much traffic where I was yesterday, it was a tad nervewracking.

MissySki

Angel Diva
@MissySki I just got Nela 80s and skied them yesterday. Turning radius was great, I tried a short bump run and it was weirdly easy in them.

Hopefully my fitness level can improve to really putting them to a test. There was so much traffic where I was yesterday, it was a tad nervewracking.
Great to hear, especially on the bumps piece! Can you expand on the “weirdly easy” piece?

I’m hoping to try them at Sunday River’s demo day in a couple of weeks. They should be there, just unsure which size they’ll have. Curious how they will feel versus my Stockli Stormrider 85.

It stinks that it was crowded yesterday, seems so early for weekdays to be like that. But I guess limited terrain exacerbates crowding too. :(. Hopefully better today for you!

Last edited:

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I purchased the Stockli Laser MX and am very excited to be trying these out for the first time in a couple of weeks up at Wolf Creek for first of my season turns. I am also very happy to meet @marzNC and @Olesya Chornoguz who will be there at the same time coincidentally!
This Laser MX is a ski that caught my attention when it came out a few years ago, but isn't one readily available to demo. The sensation of a narrow ski is hard to beat on wide groomed terrain. I too have the Z-77 and those are fabulous, but mine are a bit long, so have not used those for a few years. The Nela 80 has been my primary ski and it is sublime in just about everything. So, I pulled the triggger on the Laser MX knowing that Stockli will deliver quite the ride! I will let you know how they do !

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Have you checked out Blossom Skis? Have heard good things about the AM77.

zee

Diva in Training
I took out my pair of 74 waisted Head Supershape Rally's today and holy smoke! I'd forgotten how much fun it is to ski on narrow waisted skis. I've become so accustomed to skiing on a wider waist that I'd kind of forgotten how easy they are to turn and get on edge.

So I was wondering: for those of you who ski on narrow-waisted skis, what skis do you you like and why?
Following. I want new skis. I'm an eastern skier and want s narrow waisted ski. I'm on old Rossi Bandit 2's (with a 76 waist) and want new skis with a narrower waist if possible. Recommendations apprecioated.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have these Blossom AM77 and I absolutely love them. They are smooth, powerful, and fast. I tried the Lasers and liked these better. They're a bit cheaper than the Stocklis as well, but just as good if not better (at least for me)

I have never heard of Blossom Skis before!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Well we'll well, did you say narrow waisted skis?
You sing my song!

I am on Atomic X9 WD, which is 75cm. My daily pair. These are stiff, stable, a performance pair.
And I just picked up Atomic S9, which is 68 and they are true slalom pair. I just have them put Phantom on them yesterday. I have not been on them yet.

We are expecting some new snow tomorrow.
Today was my third day on the hill here in Aspen. It has been hard, so X9 WD has been great. I will take out my new pair tomorrow if it does not snow.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Well we'll well, did you say narrow waisted skis?
You sing my song!

I am on Atomic X9 WD, which is 75cm. My daily pair. These are stiff, stable, a performance pair.
And I just picked up Atomic S9, which is 68 and they are true slalom pair. I just have them put Phantom on them yesterday. I have not been on them yet.

We are expecting some new snow tomorrow.
Today was my third day on the hill here in Aspen. It has been hard, so X9 WD has been great. I will take out my new pair tomorrow if it does not snow.
Meant to say "hard packed".

Amie H

Angel Diva
Great to hear, especially on the bumps piece! Can you expand on the “weirdly easy” piece?
I guess it felt good? No struggle, no lag in the back, it wasn't "work" outside of choosing the line.

I was thinking about the pros/cons of these skis. The main "pro" I notice (which may be a 'con" for other people) is they really silence chatter from crud and changing terrain quality.

I used to dive a big Buick sedan, with a floaty suspension. It had a nice trim level and tires that shut out all road/external noise. The rental SUV I'm driving this week, I can hear the road beneath me and some wind noise, and I don't love that.

That's the best way I can describe it - like an old school, high line sedan with a "suspension" to handle potholes, but that can also handle turns with aplomb.

Someone who wants to feel that crunchiness, like driving a low-to-the-ground sportscar, this might not be the ski to choose.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I guess it felt good? No struggle, no lag in the back, it wasn't "work" outside of choosing the line.

I was thinking about the pros/cons of these skis. The main "pro" I notice (which may be a 'con" for other people) is they really silence chatter from crud and changing terrain quality.

I used to dive a big Buick sedan, with a floaty suspension. It had a nice trim level and tires that shut out all road/external noise. The rental SUV I'm driving this week, I can hear the road beneath me and some wind noise, and I don't love that.

That's the best way I can describe it - like an old school, high line sedan with a "suspension" to handle potholes, but that can also handle turns with aplomb.

Someone who wants to feel that crunchiness, like driving a low-to-the-ground sportscar, this might not be the ski to choose.

Thanks! I can definitely understand that dampening effect as the Stormriders do the same. Very smooth ride. :smile:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna