• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Favorite Diva Runs

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love to run when I travel and explore. Like the C&O Canal Towpath out of Georgetown in DC, etc.

So Running Divas, what are your favorite cool runs in your hometown, where you go for a morning or evening 'rave run' I call them---not the run convenient to your house or work, but the ones you go a little out of your way for due to the scenery?

My favorite rave runs around SLC: (Rave=running+scenery):

1. Mornings, Bonneville Shoreline Trail above the avenues (18th and Hilltop)--great views of the city, Salt Lake, flowers, roller trails, solitude.

2. Mornings, from my house to Big Cottonwood Canyon to Storm Mtn---the river is crazy roaring this time of year, the greens are amazing, the smells are earthy and fresh.

Rave runs in your hometown?

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I try to run every place I travel. I once fell and sprained my ankle because I was looking at the scenery and not paying attention to the dips in the road :injured: I am lucky and have several great places to run but one of my favorites is Tahoe - any time of year but especially in winter. There is something very special about the extra quiet that the snow gives you on an early morning run and inhaling snowflakes :snow:

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll put a Tahoe run on my list.

My other faves: Seward, AK, Big Hole/Bitterroot Valley, MT, Jackson Hole/Yellowstone, WY, Grays River, WY, Island Park, ID, Chicago, San Francisco, River Walk--San Antonio, Ocean City, MD (beach), San Diego (beach and city), Sardinia, Paris, Corsica, Rome (kind of sketchy), New York City, Vancouver, San Tropez/Mediterranean anywhere, Hawaii/Kona/Oahu/Maui, etc.., Moab, DC.

Running a four/five miler in an alien environment gets you into the groove of the place you are visiting. Like Chinatown, SF, at 7:00 am in the morning, or the desert late in the evening. It's wild. And a great way to remember your travels.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Running through downtown D.C. along the Mall, past the Capitol building and the monuments is one of my favorite runs thus far...

Along the beach in Hilton Head, also a great run.

I don't know that I've really found a true favorite run yet at home. Probably because almost all my runs are with the jogging stroller, and therefore somewhat limited to where I can go (as in paved, or fairly smooth dirt/gravel, and relatively flat).

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you like SF Chinatown at 7am. try fisherman's wharf out to the Presido in the early am. If it is a rare fog free morning, the views are amazing :yahoo: One good hill and the rest is flat

Pocono bunny

Certified Ski Diva
I live in Philly, and my favorite run is out and back on Kelly drive by the Art Museum. It runs right by the schuykill river. Once you get past the boathouses it's beautiful scenery and you get the breeze from the river. Great run.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I live in Philly, and my favorite run is out and back on Kelly drive by the Art Museum. It runs right by the schuykill river. Once you get past the boathouses it's beautiful scenery and you get the breeze from the river. Great run.

I've done that run, and it IS awesome. It's also a GREAT place to go cycling on Sunday mornings when Kelly Drive is closed to auto traffic.

Running on the Wissahickon trail in Philly is pretty cool, too, and a real challenge!

mollmeister

Angel Diva
I am late to this party, but I have sooooo many favorite runs from back when I was running more frequently/more mileage.

When we lived in SF, I did almost all of my half-marathon (and failed marathon) training long runs (we lived at Washington and Divisadero, so Pac Heights) by running west out Washington Street and down Arguello to Lake Street, and then west to/through the Sea Cliff neighborhood. Then up through the Presidio on Lincoln Boulevard to the GG Bridge, and then across the Bridge and down Alexander Avenue into Marin. I would either have DH pick me up in Sausalito/Mill Valley/Tiburon, or take some sort of mass transit partway back. Always beautiful. Especially breathtaking when the fog was over the city and then you would run out of it into the sunshine halfway across the bridge. Miss all versions of that run. :love: If memory serves, it was about 9-ish miles total to downtown Sausalito, and about 13mi total to Mill Valley (via the Sausalito-Mill Valley bike path that you can hop on in Sausalito)

We also used to LOVE running all over Mt. Tamalpais, including the Dipsea trail. Oh, and the trail out to the end of Pt. Reyes. Gorgeous!

In Boston, I love running from the Back Bay out to Storrow Drive & the esplanade, west along the river to the bridge by the Boathouses, across the bridge, back east, and back over at the bridge by MIT. Lots of fun stuff to look at, lots of other runners.

Oh, and if you ever find yourself in Hanover, NH, there is lots of great running on the roads to the north of town, on both the VT & NH side of the river, and some great trails along the golf course, by the river.

Sigh. Can you tell I am getting bored with the open space behind my house & the dreadmill?
:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing