• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fall/Winter Hiking Pants

I love my EMS shell rain jacket, very thin but perfect if you dont have much on underneath and just want to stay dry. I also love my patagonia gortex jacket. Great for skiing too. Its thicker and on the warm side so i dont wear it hiking much but the gortex is fabulous. Warm n dry is the name of the game. Michael has the Marmot Minimalist jacket but it doesnt seem to be that waterproof so he's a little disappointed in that one.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Great minds think alike. I have both the North Face Venture jacket and the North Face thermoball.. I usually hike in Tahoe (yay going end of September) and always bring the Venture in case of rain. Lightweight, hood, pit zips .... Also just an icebreaker or smart wool long sleeve b/c usually still quite warm in Tahoe.

+1 to both Outdoor Research Aspire and North Face Venture jackets! They both serve as spring skiing jackets for me, and easy to stow in my backpack for hiking just in case of rain.

Apparently the ladies on this site have incredibly good taste in technical gear... :wink:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
image.jpg
Best hiking pants...Norrona soft shell pants. Or Patagonia soft shell pants. I wore them almost exclusively during the Iceland summer (temps in the 40's and 50's, sometimes rainy or damp) and they were awesome. I did sunny day glacier hikes as well as wetter weather ice cap excursions, and wore the black ones around in Reykjavik with a nice sweater. Soft shell jackets are also primo for this kind of weather and I wore a Cintamani (European brand) softshell nearly every day in Iceland.

I picked up a pair of Fjall Raven hiking pants for 50% off in Burlington. (They are very expensive at full price). Fabric is very durable, good for scrambling up rock outcrops.

Taking a break hiking in Iceland wearing my soft shell gear...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have heard really good things about Norrona and would love to try some. Wow Iceland! How cool is that!

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
I have heard really good things about Norrona and would love to try some. Wow Iceland! How cool is that!

Norrona stuff has a very nice fit, at least for me.

Iceland is amazing!!! I've been lucky to have traveled a lot, and it is so far my favorite place. We plan to return in 2 years, this time with a Greenland leg added on. For anyone who likes to explore, hike, climb glaciers, and just experience a very cool Nordic culture, (and who doesn't mind cool, sometimes wet weather), it can't be beat. We are lucky that it is a relatively easy flight from where we live.

Soujan

Angel Diva
Fall hiking I used my regular hiking pants and maybe a lightweight baselayer if it's cold enough. I'm usually fine without any baselayer since I'm constantly moving. For winter, I use softshell pants. I have a pair of Stoic softshell pants that are lined. No complaints. Fall only requires a fleece. I always carry a waterproof jacket with me. I can also throw it on if I get a little cold or if it's windy. Winter, I use the same jacket I use skiing, OR Axcess. Love that jacket. Lightly insulted so I'm not overheated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna