• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fall Marathons

AggieK

Certified Ski Diva
Did anyone run, or is anyone running, a marathon (or half marathon) this Fall? I am running New York in 2 weeks. The training is starting to get to me. I swear this will be my last full marathon -- but I said that last time.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, no way. I'm probably going to be out of town that weekend, but if not I'll be your local cheering section. Good luck!

Personally I've never run more than about 8 miles and I don't see that changing anytime soon. :smile:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I ran the Denver Half on October 17th which I believe ShannonD did as well. Itri ran the Full the same day.

Are you tapering?

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, I ran Rock n Roll Denver a week and a half ago. Genius that I am, I signed up for it 5 days BEFORE my first marathon in January. :becky: Training was kind of rough because I'm in school, and I was so ready to be done with long runs. I'm slow, so a 20 mile run pretty much takes up my entire day by the time I recover, take an ice bath, and get some food. That said, if it weren't for school, I would totally be signing up for another one right now! On the other hand, though, not having to dedicate one day each weekend to a long run is going to make ski season a lot better...

Good luck at NYC. That one is pretty high on my "to-do" list. My best friend ran it about 5 years ago, and we flew out to cheer for her. It was amazing!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just skipped the Canyonlands "other half" in Moab October 17---the rest of my family did this. We ran the "first half" in March and it was a blast. Due to work demands, training and the half were just too much for me right now. The March half is great---but training season is also ski season...so on some days a decision must be made about a long run or a ski day. I did both one day and it kicked my butt (the next day I skiied with Rachel and SnowHot and I was toast due to the fact that I skied 6 hours the day prior followed by an 8 mile run after. I do have to admit I am old enough to be most Diva's mother).

I've been trading road running for trail runs this summer/fall.

Running is a fabulous part of life and go for it.

AggieK

Certified Ski Diva
Good for you guys! If I tried to run in Denver, I'd be a wheezing mess. I did run the San Diego Rock'n'Roll full a few years ago and it was fun.

I am planning to sign up for Canyonlands Half in Moab next March. It just looks so beautiful. Registration opens next week.

New York was awesome! Clear day, great crowds. I'm a slow poke, but I did get my best time at age 44!

This was my second New York marathon and I HIGHLY recommend it. I have never run a race like it: people lining the whole 26.2 miles, 30 deep, screaming their heads off for total strangers. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna