• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Fall Colors 2016

marzNC

Angel Diva
I was extremely lucky this year. Local friends wanted to see the Adirondacks for the first time during their kids' fall break. End result was that I was in Lake Placid Oct. 6-9. Turned out to be pretty much peak colors in the High Peaks. We got blue skies the first couple days, then clouds but relatively little rain.

Went up the Whiteface Toll Road again. This time the summit was open. We also took the Whiteface gondola in the afternoon so they could see some of the ski trails up close. Mom and kids have been skiing at Massanutten for a few years. After my friends left on Friday afternoon, I went back to Whiteface on Sat morning to do a little hiking. Ended up at the mid-station lodge, which had a great view. Sat up there for a while. Only a few bikers went by, plus the 4x4 with an older couple who opted to take the bumpy ride to the top of Little Whiteface (top of gondola).

Whiteface Oct 2016 - 1.jpg Whiteface Oct 2016 - 3.jpg

Whiteface Oct 2016 - 4.jpg Whiteface Oct 2016 - 6.jpg

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Gorgeous marznz. Spectacular in the Laurentians this year. Leaves are starting to fall now so I'll try and get some photos before it's too late.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Amazing @marzNC - one thing i really do miss about the east is the glorious fall with all of its colours!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
ry%3D400

Peak colors - and beautiful reds this year - at Sugarloaf, for homecoming weekend, 10/8.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
BF cancelled plans to go to Mammoth this weekend cuz they're having a weather 'event' in the Sierras. Rain, snow at higher elevations, and high "damaging" winds. It would put the kaibosh on all of our activities, and driving with a camper shell isn't advisable in those winds. This weather will probably be the end of the fall color. :frown: Bummer but maybe it's a good sign for winter...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
BF cancelled plans to go to Mammoth this weekend cuz they're having a weather 'event' in the Sierras. Rain, snow at higher elevations, and high "damaging" winds. It would put the kaibosh on all of our activities, and driving with a camper shell isn't advisable in those winds. This weather will probably be the end of the fall color. :frown: Bummer but maybe it's a good sign for winter...
We were going to go and cancelled as well. Who wants to hike in windy, cold, rainy weather? Well not me and BF.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Ladies keep the photos coming they are beautiful!!! Our leaves have already been all gone for almost 2 weeks, so I'm loving living vicariously through you!

Christy

Angel Diva
Fall hiking is my very favorite but I am not having good luck with free time and good weather lining up. I played hooky to go to Rainier last week to see all the red foliage in front of a great big icy volcano but the fog never lifted. What volcano?

29700243454_b78377eb8b_h.jpg

And larches in front of bright blue skies make me swoon, but I had snow flurries on and off the other day.

29699918754_9b678f1913_h.jpg

Still some pretty colors. We've got Big Fall Storm 2016 this weekend, so goodbye to all the leaves and larch needles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly