• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Exercise mat

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
I am looking for a large exercise mat. My workout area has wooden floors and I’ve been using an old folding foam mat for my exercises when I have to be on the floor. It’s the size of a regular yoga mat but 1” thick so it’s very gentle on my knees and back. But because it’s so thick, it’s also awkward when I do exercises where my arms or legs go beyond its edges, if that makes sense. I tried a regular yoga mat but it doesn’t give enough support for my knees or back. So I am looking for a mat that is thick and large enough for all the exercises I do, ideally at least 4’ x 6’. I googled a bit and it seems there are two kinds. Rolled mats and grid mats. Any diva with experience with mats for a home gym?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Check out the STOTT PILATES Deluxe Pilates Mat. It's $54.63 on Amazon, and imho that's a good deal. I like mine a lot.
Thickness: 15mm, Width: 61cm, Length: 183cm

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Round Yoga Mat (5 x 5 ft): https://amzn.to/1QuNXRQ

Black Cardio Mat (8 x 6 ft): https://amzn.to/1MPMNpj

If these are unavailable, there are similar items shown when you scroll down. I have two of the black mats (or similar) on top of one another for extra protection. I mis-read the original post and then realized a larger area mat was what @Ski Sine Fine was looking for. This might be useful:

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You mean rubber interlocking square floor "tiles", right? Like these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ottoman...ercise-Tile-Mat-6-Pack-EFM-24-Black/302692940

I got a bunch of them for a car sleep system project and used a couple of the leftover ones in an indoor workout space (on top of laminate floors). I recommend it - it's cushioned and supportive enough if you're doing work on hands and knees. My mats are 1/4" thick, dense foam.

Ski Sine Fine

Angel Diva
Circling back to thank all the suggestions. I decided on this exercise mat from Gorilla. I ended up not liking the tiles because (in a very small voice) I’m a princess-and-the-pea and get bothered by the seams. Anyway, it’s a little more than I wanted to spend but I wanted the thicker mat. It’s very easy to put down and take up. I roll it and secure with included straps. Heavy! Almost 25 lbs. No odor whatsoever. Very happy with the quality.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly