• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Unfortunately during our first spraying, people were finding dead bees everywhere. I had a couple on my patio in the morning that were writhing around on the ground. I sprayed them gently with water and left some nearby to see if it would help.. though if they had absorbed it that’s unlikely. They were gone the next time I came out, but not sure if they lived of not. Other people in town were posting pictures on our Facebook page of dead bees around too. We had a ton or small random bugs dead on our deck and patio that we had to sweep up. I didn’t see any dead bees during the second spraying, so hopefully that time they were in. Also, not all of the bees were good bees, some that died were wasps and hornets which was okay with me.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Unfortunately during our first spraying, people were finding dead bees everywhere. I had a couple on my patio in the morning that were writhing around on the ground. I sprayed them gently with water and left some nearby to see if it would help.. though if they had absorbed it that’s unlikely. They were gone the next time I came out, but not sure if they lived of not. Other people in town were posting pictures on our Facebook page of dead bees around too. We had a ton or small random bugs dead on our deck and patio that we had to sweep up. I didn’t see any dead bees during the second spraying, so hopefully that time they were in. Also, not all of the bees were good bees, some that died were wasps and hornets which was okay with me.
Bummer. But I totally agree about the wasps and hornets!

newboots

Angel Diva
Pyrethrin is concerning, but these diseases are awful! On NPR today, a physician was interviewed about the increase in exotic and rare diseases, and she suggested that in addition to taking steps to mitigate climate change, there needs to be research on vaccines and treatments. The diseases are not going away any time soon.

I went to an outdoor party without my tick protection gear (dumb), and was freaked out about people sitting on the grass and kids running through the brush. The homeowner said the area was “terrible” for ticks. I used some of their hippie insect repellent (lemon and eucalyptus oil), knowing it is powerless against ticks. That’s the kind I used before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna