• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ever buy ski stuff on ebay?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I've never bought equipment on ebay, but I've often wondered about how it worked out for people who did.

I have bought lift passes, though, with pretty good results.

Anyone have any experiences to share?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I could tell you about my ebay experiences but, you don't have enough bandwidth:D

I only had two bad ebay experiences, and both of them ended up working out because I followed proper channels through Ebay and Pay Pal.

The most recent was a pair of Volkl Karmas. The guy had listed them several times with no bids on them. I sent him a message through Ebay making him an offer. He accepted the offer, changed his price in his auction to a buy it now, I bought them, and waited over a month!!!!!
I filed a complaint with pay pal, and voila' the karma's showed up 3 days later!
That is the worst Ebay Ski Equipment story!
Follow proper channels and you're more likely to have good results.:smile:

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought a pair of trekking poles (for hiking) on Ebay last year. I was trying to spend less money than in a store, and I did spend a little less money but it turned out to be a bad deal. This was not because of any misrepresentation on the site, however. It was because seeing the actual thing in person is far more informative than looking at a picture of it. When viewing the photo on line I missed some details and bought what I thought was one thing and it turned out to be another.

Next time I'll be more observant, if I ever return to Ebay for gear.

chaletlaforet

Certified Ski Diva
I bought a snowboard on Ebay, no problems and a really good deal. It was new, though, and I knew the model I wanted. I think, as liquidfeet says, it's hard to gauge the quality of something from a photo. But if you know what you want, you can get some great deals.

ArmyWife

Certified Ski Diva
Yeah E-bay!

I actually bought some boots and skis on e-bay and just got them yesterday!! They are both great and got them for 1/3 price I would have gotten somewhere else. BUT I bought them brand new still in shrink wrap and I had tried on the boots at a ski shop previous to finding them on e-bay. I'm VERY pleased.

On the other hand, a couple years ago I bought some snowboard boots for my son on e-bay and when I received the boots there were 2 left ft! But fortunately the seller was honest and I returned the boots to them and they refunded my money including shipping costs.

So actually, All my e-bay experiences have been good--but I ALWAYS be sure to check out the feedback from anyone I buy from--won't buy if someone doesn't have an excellent rating.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
ArmyWife said:
I actually bought some boots and skis on e-bay and just got them yesterday!! They are both great and got them for 1/3 price I would have gotten somewhere else. BUT I bought them brand new still in shrink wrap and I had tried on the boots at a ski shop previous to finding them on e-bay. I'm VERY pleased.

Did you think you could just slip that by us????? :rolleyes:

Tell, tell! We want to know about the skis and boots!

(Never mind -- found your answer on another thread! '06 Burnin Luvs! Good going there! Enjoy!)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly