• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

ESPN Body Issue Pics

newboots

Angel Diva
Outstanding photographs, amazing athletes, serious bodies!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The photography is strong, the poses well-thought-out to cover up certain parts of the body. Some of the poses communicate grace, others muscular power. Some embody an especially strong self-confident attitude as the athlete stares into the camera. Many of the bodies are admirable in so, so many ways. The images are definitely beautiful, and not just because of the bodies. The photographers are due their credit.

I just realized that if you click on one image, you get more of the same person with some words. Voyeur time.

I'm not sure how I feel about these images. Anybody else have thoughts?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I like how they're of both men and women -- so often nude pictures are of women only, presented in a highly sexualized manner. These seem to celebrate athleticism and strength. They're beautiful.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I like how they're of both men and women -- so often nude pictures are of women only, presented in a highly sexualized manner. These seem to celebrate athleticism and strength. They're beautiful.
This pretty much sums up how I feel about them.

And it's very, very, very humbling to realize that I have those same muscles in my body, but they are extremely well camouflaged by, um, stuff!

newboots

Angel Diva
I have my moments, looking at them. Mostly I think it’s a non-sexualized celebration of bodies that are honed and worked out to do almost superhuman things. I especially like the older athletes.

But I have my moments. Just seeing naked women in a photograph can make me flinch just a bit.

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, love all the beautiful bodies and the power of the body AND mind. Even better is the story of the para Olympian, Scout Bassett. When I see our local hill with the para athletes I am always humbled and grateful. Her story of being adopted into a white family (just learned it is called transracial adoption), being Asian and a runner all resonated with me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly