• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Epic vs. Ikon vs. Mountain Collective vs. Indy: Which Should You Choose? 2022-23

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, I ended up getting Ikon base, and hey, @ilovepugs, I also bought the 3-day Stark card for Mad River! It's a really good deal and ok to use on sold-out days (just like a pass or shareholder ticket). And I'll still buy a Bash Badge for Smuggs in the fall.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Does anyone know when the ikon price increases?
Do you mean again? The last deadline was April 20. If the pattern from previous seasons holds, then there will be another price increase in the fall, usually mid-October.

Sales for Ikon will end in early December.

It's worth getting on the email list for any multi-resort pass of interest in order to get reminders about deadlines.

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For the ‘23-24 season, we bought the Epic Tahoe local value pass and the Diamond Peak passes. We like that this Epic pass includes 3 resorts, even though we can only ski at Heavenly on Saturdays. The Diamond Peak pass has no black out dates, so we will go there when we can’t go to the others. Heavenly and Diamond Peak are the closest areas to our home.

Slow Sarah

Angel Diva
Last year I got Snoqualmie, Crystal Legends, Ikon (300 more add on) and Epic which was a big stretch, especially for the kids who hardly used and won’t be getting them this year. I justified it because I didn’t want to make reservations or worry about blackout dates for myself or forego a day skiing with kids due to them being subject to blackout restrictions or lack of reservation. Huge gamble that didn’t pay off where kids were concerned but I learned a lot.

Epic definitely worth it for Whistler and Stevens.

I likely broke even for Crystal if I count in the peace of mind that I could go whenever I wanted. I did not use the Ikon but it was nice to know it was there.

I only went to Snoqualmie around five nights. :(

This year I am just doing Epic with the focus being on taking lessons in those places since the discount makes that easier.

The plan is to hit Crystal and Snoqualmie nights or the odd weekday depending on how things look.

Slow Sarah

Angel Diva
Last year I got Snoqualmie, Crystal Legends, Ikon (300 more add on) and Epic which was a big stretch, especially for the kids who hardly used and won’t be getting them this year. I justified it because I didn’t want to make reservations or worry about blackout dates for myself or forego a day skiing with kids due to them being subject to blackout restrictions or lack of reservation. Huge gamble that didn’t pay off where kids were concerned but I learned a lot.

I likely broke even for Crystal if I count in the peace of mind that I could go whenever I wanted. I did not use the Ikon but it was nice to know it was there.

This year I am just doing Epic with the focus being on taking lessons in those places since the discount makes that easier.

The plan is to hit Crystal and Snoqualmie nights or the odd weekday depending on how things look.
I should also add that Ikon really ramped up the emails approaching the 21st. One day I got three!

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Our family all got the Crystal Legends that comes with Ikon. Snoqualmie is on Ikon, so definitely going to use it there and we will do Bachelor as well on Ikon. My friend is pushing for Big Sky in Montana which is also on Ikon, so we might join their family.

We considered Epic for Whistler, but their lift ticket prices are pretty reasonable in comparison. Are you doing mostly Stevens next season then?

Slow Sarah

Angel Diva
Our family all got the Crystal Legends that comes with Ikon. Snoqualmie is on Ikon, so definitely going to use it there and we will do Bachelor as well on Ikon. My friend is pushing for Big Sky in Montana which is also on Ikon, so we might join their family.

We considered Epic for Whistler, but their lift ticket prices are pretty reasonable in comparison. Are you doing mostly Stevens next season then?
My thinking now is yes, more Stevens even though it can be way crowded, especially on weekend days which is not so great. My hope there is that I can use the more crowded days for lessons and hopefully get more advice on less crowded runs/times from them as well.
I feel like I have to compensate for how truly Hog Wild I went on passes this past year. Likely I will focus on weekend nights there which were good to me before.
I also made a deal with myself to sock away what would have been Ikon/Crystal funds and try for more time at Whistler which will require travel funding.
This is all so crazy making: It would be interesting to know what the inside of the marketing departments sound like when they discuss pricing, advertising, when to raise prices and how much to spam my inbox and at what time of day. I expect they review last season’s pricing vs. attendance vs. research on the number of clicks on various ads and ticket price webpages for each resort plus a few other factors which would be fascinating to learn about. Hopefully crowding/reservations/blackouts is a factor too.
I am fighting the urge to get Crystal by promising myself more time at Whistler and lessons! …Ikon will be awesome when I am able to do more traveling and exploring beyond Whistler.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly