• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Epic Pass '21-22

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wow, that’s serious bang for your buck! Barely any more than a Wachusett weekday pass, but so many more hills.
When Vail Resorts bought Stowe in 2017 the cost of a Stowe-only season pass was about $2000. It was the first acquisition in the northeast. Locals were pretty happy with the idea of getting an Epic Pass for around $1000, which gave them full access to Stowe plus lift access at Epic resorts out west after mid-March when the northeast ski season was winding down. However, when the parking lots were overflowing with travelers the next few seasons, not all the locals were stayed happy.

When it comes to season pass and lift ticket prices, it's like real estate . . . location, location, location. A weekend ticket in the southeast is $80+ for under 100 acres, mostly under 1000 ft vertical. A weekend ticket at Wachusett is $68, with 110 skiable acres and 1000 ft vertical. A weekend ticket at Smuggs is $84, which gives access to 1000 acres on three peaks, around 2600 ft vertical.

People like the Epic pass because they feel like it's a bargain for where they plan to ski, whether that's locally or at a destination resort.

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
My husband is a disabled Vet, 100% service connected. I got a deeply discounted Epic pass last year and I've already bought my 21-22. I only used it 4 times last season, but that still put me ahead of the price of 4 day tickets.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For those who are thinking seriously about an Epic pass but haven't bought it yet, May 31 is a n upcoming cut-off date. Get 10 Buddy Tickets if it makes sense to commit before the end of May.

I didn't realize that Buddy Tickets can be use by an Epic pass holder during blackout dates.

Screen Shot 2021-05-19 at 10.24.19 AM.jpg

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just got confirmation that Epic Pass prices will increase after Labor Day (Sept. 6). No word on how much they will increase, though they tend to increase them less than Alterra/Ikon.

Christy

Angel Diva
I wonder how sales have been locally. Stevens Pass regulars sound so unhappy, and with Covid still going, I bet a lot of people here that might buy one in the hopes of using it in Whistler are hedging their bets.

newboots

Angel Diva
Sounds like the price goes up for Epic Passes after Labor Day.

Yes, last day is September 6!

Many opportunities for less expensive passes: if you are staying in your own neck of the woods, if you only ski on week days, if you're over 65. Check them out! I paid $271 (midweek, senior).

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes, last day is September 6!

Many opportunities for less expensive passes: if you are staying in your own neck of the woods, if you only ski on week days, if you're over 65. Check them out! I paid $271 (midweek, senior).
My neck of the woods (sea) is 4 1/2 hours from the snow. So we pay bigger bucks to ski. Nothing local.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly