• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Epic Pass '21-22

alison wong

Angel Diva
I was planning to get Epic pass next season regardless because my home hill was bought by Epic last year. I am pleasantly surprised cost will be 20% lower.

It will be my first time to get Epic, few questions:
1) Will the price go up if I wait?
2) How much % discount for buddy pass? How many buddy pass tickets I can have?
3) What is the cancellation policy? Downpayment is $49. If I change my mind, do I just forfeit the downpayment?

alison wong

Angel Diva
Usually the price goes up, IIRC, but on the website it says this is now the price. <shrug> I think it's staying the same.

Buddy tickets - It depends on the pass, and other details. Check out this link: Ski with a friend & buddy passes

Cancellation: Go here, press the button, and scroll down to #9: Terms, conditions, and cancellation policy

Thanks for the link! I can't find the info when I looked earlier, later I wasn't even able to access the site. Traffic jam I suppose.

Reason for my asking, if my nephew (college age now) wants to go skiing w/ me next season, I'd need to figure out whether it is more cost effective to do the buddy pass for him or just get him a college pass. I also need to figure out when I have to pull the plug.

Epic cancellation / refund policy is not as good as MCP for sure.

As the saying goes, good things come in 3 (in French I think it is: "never 2 without 3"). I have been to WB 2x (before it went Epic). I am smelling my 3rd visit to WB and then move onto Banff since I have MCP :becky:

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
so for someone who just moved to Denver, would the move be to go with Ikon, in an attempt to avoid the crowds?

Christy

Angel Diva
For Puget Sound area skiers, that makes skiing Stevens considerably cheaper (via the newly discounted Epic) than Crystal (via Ikon). With Epic people get the Whistler days too. Quite a deal, if you don't mind crowds. It sure would be nice for me, a person that wants to ski Crystal, if more people decided to buy Epic! But how can Stevens handle it? They couldn't accomodate as many skiers as want to ski there even before they went on Epic.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Question for people who bought a regional Epic pass already: what region? Did you take advantage of a discount based on age? Teens, college students, and seniors can't get a price break for Full Epic or Epic Local (blackout dates).

A senior 65+ can get a Northeast Midweek Epic for $271. That's the same price as for Afton Alps only for 62+, with no blackout dates.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I just bought a 7-day Epic Day Pass. They didn't have a Senior option; in fact, only the Northeast pass (and maybe one other local) has a Senior price discount available.

One BIG discount they do offer is for Active or Retired Military and Active or Retired Military Dependents: $135 for a full, unlimited Epic Pass! That's less than the price of a single day ticket!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Question for people who bought a regional Epic pass already: what region? Did you take advantage of a discount based on age? Teens, college students, and seniors can't get a price break for Full Epic or Epic Local (blackout dates).

A senior 65+ can get a Northeast Midweek Epic for $271. That's the same price as for Afton Alps only for 62+, with no blackout dates.

I got the Northeast Value Pass and yeah, I qualify for the senior discount.

Last edited:

Amie H

Angel Diva
I just got my usual EPIC 4-day pass but heads up for Milwaukee/Chicagoland folks: it ALSO includes 3 bonus days at Wilmot. So I get 7 days of skiing for $323 which I didn't think was too bad, value-wise.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Wow, that’s serious bang for your buck! Barely any more than a Wachusett weekday pass, but so many more hills.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
so for someone who just moved to Denver, would the move be to go with Ikon, in an attempt to avoid the crowds?

I'd go A-Basin + Loveland if crowd avoidance is truly your #1 goal and you ski primarily on weekends. If you're a weekday skier I think you can go with anything and have a good experience.

p.s. Welcome!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly