• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Epic Pass '21-22

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Let’s talk about the Epic pass for the ‘21/‘22 season. Who’s in?

Last edited:

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Just got a teaser email from Epic Pass, hinting more info will be provided on March 23, but the major change is that reservations will be required at ALL Epic Pass locations next season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just got a teaser email from Epic Pass, hinting more info will be provided on March 23, but the major change is that reservations will be required at ALL Epic Pass locations next season.
Very interesting! Although presumably if there aren't capacity limits due to public health considerations, not being able to get a lift access reservation would only happen during holiday periods and on some weekends.

I'll be reading the buzz during the pre-season in Australia with interest.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
We've been doing pretty well at Mammoth. Not needing a reservation is a major plus. I am only realizing what a PITA reservations are as I plan a late season trip to Utah? and Colorado. I sure hope IKON doesn't follow EPIC on this policy.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I sure hope IKON doesn't follow EPIC on this policy.
A big difference between Epic and Ikon is that there is a consistent policy about reservations for Epic locations.

Ikon is a combination of Alterra-owned resorts and Partner resorts that are independently owned or owned/operated by Powdr or Boyne. There is more variation in the approach being taken to limiting the number of people for a given day. Not even consistent across Alterra resorts at this point.

marzNC

Angel Diva
And, we hope, the kids will be in school? It’s not the major driver of crowding, but every little bit...
For midweek skiing, and recreation outdoors in general, I think in-person K-12 classes make quite a bit of difference. I drove to Asheville for a short visit with my daughter recently. The traffic pattern differences on the Interstate highway (I-40) between the weekend and midweek are much more back to normal than last fall. Meaning there are clearly people who spent the weekend in the mountains and were returning home on Sunday, while there was less traffic midday midweek.

Same difference is happening in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) as the K-6 public schools have increasing numbers of kids returning to their classrooms. Most K-12 charter and private schools in this area have been holding in-person classes for several months, if not since late September (the school year starts mid-August).

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And, we hope, the kids will be in school? It’s not the major driver of crowding, but every little bit...
For midweek skiing, and recreation outdoors in general, I think in-person K-12 classes make quite a bit of difference. I drove to Asheville for a short visit with my daughter recently. The traffic pattern differences on the Interstate highway (I-40) between the weekend and midweek are much more back to normal than last fall. Meaning there are clearly people who spent the weekend in the mountains and were returning home on Sunday, while there was less traffic midday midweek.

Same difference is happening in the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) as the K-6 public schools have increasing numbers of kids returning to their classrooms. Most K-12 charter and private schools in this area have been holding in-person classes for several months, if not since late September (the school year starts mid-August).
I agree with @marzNC . I've been skiing midweek at my local hill for the past 5 years. Prior to this year it seemed at least 75% of the people in the morning were retirees. You wouldn't see many Mom's with young children or the after school/college students until lunch time. This year besides there being more more people, more than half the skiers/boarders first thing in the morning are families and other younger people.

marzNC

Angel Diva
People who live close enough to use Epic for local skiing, it could be that adding the MCP is one way to ski locations out west without having to choose between Epic and Ikon. Quite a few of the destination resorts in the Rockies or along the Pacific coast are also on the MCP. Since the MCP includes 2 days at each location plus 50% discount for additional days, it's not that hard to plan a couple trips that get the daily lift cost to around $50.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yuck.. Thankful for Boyne and their approach of limiting capacity through day ticket sales versus passholder reservations.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Come on @MissySki get an Epic too. Then you can come ski at Heavenly and Northstar during Diva West.... and Kirkwood (fab mountain but a distance away from others.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I’ll have to do the math, I assume it’d still be cheaper to do that overall but who knows.. Wildcat is also a Diva East location for next year and on Epic.
The Epic Day Pass was created for people who think that skiing 1-7 days at Epic locations is part of their plan for the upcoming season. Don't remember for sure, but the daily rate for 4-7 days seemed to be around $100 or perhaps even a little less.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The Epic Day Pass was created for people who think that skiing 1-7 days at Epic locations is part of their plan for the upcoming season. Don't remember for sure, but the daily rate for 4-7 days seemed to be around $100 or perhaps even a little less.

Good point, this may be something to look into then!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly