• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

enough of this

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here in the North East the trees are denuded of their leaves, the skies are dank, the sun is gone by 4:15, and the whole world is ready for snow. So all right already, this is enough. Let's get some snow.

So what do you do to help you while you're waiting...day after day...one more week, and then another week, for the ski areas to get enough snow on their slopes for you to go skiing? How do you stand it?

I can't do this any more!!!!! Help!

Jilly

Staff member
Well liquidfeet, first I visit my favorite ski resort web pages to see how things are getting white. I check the weather forecasts (all 4 sites) at least 4 X day for my area and in my case Tremblant. I keep in touch daily with the Tremblant-insider to see if its snowing there, not yet either. Then I log onto a site called SkiDiva.com and help other lost souls deal with this withdrawal symptom. Also sometimes I get to help a Diva with questions about skiing, skis, boots and resorts. Then I go outside and scream "I just want to go skiing":eek: :eek: And really it doesn't help enough. Think snow and snow dance !

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. This is incredibly frustrating, especially when I see on the news they're getting those huge dumps out west! Isn't it our turn????

Who knows -- we may have a late start, but maybe we'll have a really loooong season, on the other end.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's even worse when you see the news and everyone is all excited over the 60 degree weather.

I want to smack those people that are happy that it's warm out in November! It's not even like the days are long enough to use it for anything worthwhile, it's just sunny and warm while I'm stuck inside working!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kimmy, you said it so well!

Lets have a day to Whack the people who like warm weather when its ski time!:eek:

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know I have my whack-a-mole rubber mallot around here somewhere . . . hmm . . . let's see, where did I put it? Ah, yes, I remember - I think I left it by the cookie jar. Someone (who shall remain nameless) has been stealing my birthday cookies - made for me special by my grandma.

However, since the cookies are all gone, it's time to take the whack-a-mole rubber mallot to work and straighten out those folks who think that snow is a bad thing. How many whacks does it take to make a co-worker like the snow instead of hate it? . . .

One
Two
Three

Three whacks - just like the three licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

I think I have officially developed snow hunger mental mush (AKA smush disease) that makes me think of childhood carnival games and television commercials . . . It's time to seek professional help. :( Where does one find a shaman to make it snow instead of rain?? And how does one treat smush??

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you got an extra mallot?
I can't seem to find mine.:D

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How's this analogy......Mr. Winter is a playboy, he steals all the girls hearts! Leaves you waiting and wanting him for months and when he finally appears you're so overjoyed you run to him and want to do him all day everyday for 4 maybe 5 months. The he's gone again leaving you exhausted.....off he goes to please other lovers in some far away parts of the world. Ahhh but you're left with sweet memories until his next appearance. OMG I think I'm in love with skiing! :D

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, now I need a shower!
Nice one Hotchocolate!

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LUV the analogy HotCHocolate.
While lurking at another ski forum(sorry, I've been unfaithful) I found I couldn't help myself. A group of skiers have planned a trip to Colorado and were discussing the snow, the dinners they planned, etc. It sounded so wonderful, that I told them I was jealous. A couple of them said, Hey c'mon and join us. I thought and thought. Went back and forth a few times.....
GOING TO COLORADO the second week of DEC to SKI. Got the plane tickets, hotel, ski pass. I couldn't stand reading about the snow dumping there anymore!
Forget the mallet. SHotgun for those who want this warm weather to stay. It's unnatural. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna