• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Email notifications from the SkiDiva site

MissySki

Angel Diva
@ski diva

Has anyone else stopped receiving emails from the SkiDiva site for update notifications?? I’ve been thinking it’s weird that I haven’t been seeing emails for thread updates, when I did all winter, and this morning I just realized that I have several private messages that I didn’t get an email advisory about so I didn’t realize they were there. I didn’t think so much about the thread updates because they have tapered off a bit as the season winds down, but going back in my email, it’s definitely been quite awhile now without them.. Wondering if others are experiencing this, or if it’s a setting I need to update etc.?

Sorry to anyone who has messaged me, I was not ignoring you, I just don’t typically go into the private messages section unless I get an email update so I didn’t know they were there! I will get back to you later today!

Last edited:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm..this is the first I've heard about this. I'll check into it.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
One thought: did you check your Preferences? You can turn on or off receiving notifications. Is this something you may have disabled at some point?

MissySki

Angel Diva
One thought: did you check your Preferences? You can turn on or off receiving notifications. Is this something you may have disabled at some point?

No, just checked and everything is checked off to receive email updates still. I’ll also check my spam folder to make sure they haven’t started going there for some reason..

MissySki

Angel Diva
Okay, looks like notifications have been going to my spam email folder for the past few weeks. How strange, I’m not sure what would have made this change when I’ve received them for years to my inbox including all of this winter! Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Okay, looks like notifications have been going to my spam email folder for the past few weeks. How strange, I’m not sure what would have made this change when I’ve received them for years to my inbox including all of this winter! Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase!
For some reason Gmail decided TheSkiDiva was spam at some point in the last month. There are also other things happening with Gmail that haven't made sense lately.

MissySki

Angel Diva
For some reason Gmail decided TheSkiDiva was spam at some point in the last month. There are also other things happening with Gmail that haven't made sense lately.

I have definitely found other things I don’t understand being there as well! Glad you mentioned this so we know it isn’t just me! It’ll be a good prompt to others who use gmail to add the diva site email to your contacts, otherwise you might not get the messages you are used to seeing!

I always come to the site itself to check on new posts, but without the emails it’s really easy to miss being tagged in a thread specifically if you aren’t following along closely to a specific one. Also easy to miss private messages because I never go in and check them usually unless I see an email because it just isn’t something that catches my eye on the mobile site I’m usually on.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I always check my spam folder because I've had good stuff end up there in the past. It's a bit of a pain, but it's definitely worth doing.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
My situation is different..I keep getting the same emails that I have already read......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly