• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Elan Ilure?

Jacky

Diva in Training
Does anyone know anything about the Elan Ilure Power shift ski? We are looking for a good intermediate ski for skiing in Ontario and can’t find much online about this one.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had never heard of the Ilure before. From a quick search it looks like it may have been sold more in Europe? Did you find it in a local shop?

And welcome to the forum! Where in Ontario do you ski? I used to live in Waterloo, and my kids learned to ski at Chicopee.

Jilly

Staff member
Welcome from eastern Ontario. I'll have to do research for you. Never heard of them either.

Jacky

Diva in Training
ski mostly at Blue Mountain
found it online when trying to compare with Head Absolut Joy, Elan Delight Magic and Atomic Cloud 9. My daughter is looking for something that is mostly for groomed hills but can go off piste occasionally

Jilly

Staff member
So I've done a little research and need some answers from you.

1. The Elan Ilure - if you are looking at the 2018-19 version it has a layer of Ti. This stiffens a ski. How big is your daughter?
2. To do it all the Absolute Joy could be the answer.
3. The Cloud is piste/groomer orientated.
4. The Delight Magic is similar to the Cloud.

Take a look at Asogear on Ebay. It's actually Corbetts.

Jacky

Diva in Training
Thanks for the research
Yes we were looking at the 2018-19 version of the Ilure
She is 5’7”, 120lbs
Our concern with the cloud is that it is purely piste, so we were looking at something a little more versatile, thinking the delight magic is a little wider
I will look at asogear
Thanks again!

Jilly

Staff member
Delight and the Cloud are similar in proportions. Not sure how much "off piste" you're going to get at Blue, but the AJ is probably the best one of your list.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna