• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Educational Trip Forms for Ski Vacations

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
I am currently filling out my education trip form for an excused absence from school for my two high school aged students so that we can go skiing as a family while my oldest is on spring break from college. I found a website that is basically a lesson plan on the physics of skiing for high school students. I referenced it last year and it was approved here in PA, so here it is for those of you racking your brains as to how to make a ski trip "educational"

https://www.real-world-physics-problems.com/physics-of-skiing.html

newboots

Angel Diva

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Geology, history,

+1 for Geology. A good few years back my brother completely lost his nerve in Windham, NY. The patroller who came to our rescue turned out to be a former engineer and having quickly established that my brother was interested in science, gave him a rundown of the geology of the Catskills and their similarity to the mountains in Wales. That's before you even get into the history of mining that you find in so many mountain regions.

This history of the mountain west is fascinating. You could also look at literature - John Williams' Butchers Crossing comes to mind, but I'm sure there's way more.

newboots

Angel Diva
This history of the mountain west is fascinating. You could also look at literature - John Williams' Butchers Crossing comes to mind, but I'm sure there's way more.

I recently discovered that my father served in the Tenth Mountain Division in WWII. (A story in itself.) This is a fascinating skiing-driven story, which evolves into a famous battle in Italy toward the end of the war. Look up "Riva Ridge Tenth Mountain" and you might get hooked. There's a museum in Colorado (they trained there at Camp Hale) and related museums/memorials in Watertown NY and Stowe.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I recently discovered that my father served in the Tenth Mountain Division in WWII. (A story in itself.) This is a fascinating skiing-driven story, which evolves into a famous battle in Italy toward the end of the war. Look up "Riva Ridge Tenth Mountain" and you might get hooked. There's a museum in Colorado (they trained there at Camp Hale) and related museums/memorials in Watertown NY and Stowe.
Wonder if your dad knew @nopoleskier's dad . . .

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

WOW!! My Dad was in the 10th too!! He was in C-86, Staff Sgt. fought at Riva Ridge and Mt Belvedere!! His name was Bill Charles. some of his 10th Mt friends are still alive but my Dad passed away in 2002. I can't wait to chat more with you!!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last time we took our kids out for a ski trip, I wanted to send this photo to my son's teachers:

419122_3185790244530_1576463382_n.jpg

But I didn't. (It was a trip to Austria, and there was a lot of good stuff learned and new things experienced. Including beer goggles, apparently.)

marzNC

Angel Diva
Very cool! You were obviously destined to become a skier.

There is a great little ski museum in Adams, MA near the Thunderbolt Trail. Plenty of stories about 10th Mountain men who were involved in developing and maintaining that CCC trail on Mount Greylock after WWII.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly