• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

e-bay

snowflake

Certified Ski Diva
I was wondering have any Diva's used E-Bay to sell old gear, or anything at all? I have a few older jackets that I need to get rid of and am looking for some input.

trouble

Certified Ski Diva
Snowflake,
I have skis on ebay right now! Funny you should ask... I joined ebay a long time ago and bought a few things over the years. That helped with the "points" and to gain some feedback. Then I sold some fairly inexpensive things like small antiques / garage sale "finds" to get some "Seller" ratings and feedback. Now I have skis up there that have exceeded my reserve by over $100, and there are still a few days to go. I think ebay is a great venue for us to sell things that might not get a lot of exposure through Craigslist and such. And it is a great way to get the full market value of the item, rather someone lowballing you locally.

I am sure you could sell gear without having any "points" or feedback, I see it happen all the time. Just take some good pictures, accruately describe your stuff, the more info the better. People will come!

Just my thoughts, good luck to you!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I sold an old computer a few years ago, and recently sold something that someone else might term a "collectible," but I considered junk and was ready to throw away. The whole process was fairly easy and painless, and I walked away with a few bucks. If you don't have a Paypal account, I recommend setting one up. It makes getting paid a lot easier.

trouble, what kind of skis are you selling? Just curious.

snowflake

Certified Ski Diva
Ski Diva said:

Sorry no skis, but a wind-stopper jacket, a sweater type jacket, climbing harness...etc.

Thanks for the input. I have bought a few things from e bay in the past and I do have a pay pal account. From what you ladies said it sounds pretty easy so I think I"m going to give it a try.

PS. I could be selling some skis later in the season. maybe January or so, I'll let you gals know first though.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have never sold skis on ebay but I've sold some event tickets that my husband and I couldn't use. That went very well! I'd do it again!

I can't even begin to tell you the things I've bought on Ebay!:eek:

trouble

Certified Ski Diva
Ski Diva said:

I'm selling Volkl Attiva 5*'s that I got for a lucky price this summer and are too short for me at 154. I skied them 3 times this year and decided that I needed to get something longer, even though these are top of the line and sooooooo nice. Nicer than I could afford to buy new at retail any time soon, for sure. Getting them cheap & selling them means I can afford to buy something that really works for me. I'm resourceful. :smile:

In light of the sale, and anticipating funds coming soon, I just scored a new pair with a slightly bigger waist from someone over at Epic, 163 Head i.M 72's that I think will be a darn good groomer ski.... for those few non-powder days here in Colorado!

I won't mention the fatter ski (s)... :smile:

Snowsong

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
snowflake said:
I was wondering have any Diva's used E-Bay to sell old gear, or anything at all? I have a few older jackets that I need to get rid of and am looking for some input.

I've sold various things on e-bay, including ski jackets. It is helpful to measure the jacket (length, chest, etc.) in addition to posting the size, as not all sizes are the same between different brands. For ski boots, the inside of the boot should be measured from the toe to the heel, and that length should be given in either inches or centimeters along with the boot size. There are charts on the internet to convert the mondo size to US sizes. I generally find that with anything on e-bay, the more detail given, the better.

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I sell stuff on eBay on a semi-regular basis. I've sold golf clubs, a mountain bike, inline skates, ski boots, and need to sell my old Volkl Energy 320's too. Timing is everything. Now is probably a great time to sell skis on eBay with the season getting underway. Check out other seller's auctions with similar or the same gear. If it is flooded with auctions and they few or no bids on the exisiting ones, you might want to wait.

If you have something that another person wants, it won't matter much about your feedback score. I've purchased from people with low scores before. Negative feedback is worse than no feedback.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna