• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dynastar Legend?

geargrrl

Angel Diva
(resurfacing) I am hearing rave things about this ski, not too much comes up in a search. Anyone?
Legend 96, didn't get that into title, sorry.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Because it was a "meh" skis, the sales rep recommended me an intermediate-advance skis: Legend. How the sales rep described this skis (can't remember his exact words) gave me the impression that it is a "particular" skis, depends on how you work / exert weight.... it can work or not work for you....

I tried 156cm first, did not like it on my first run coz I almost ran into a snow gun and fell... But towards the end of the run, I think I got the hang of how this ski "function", so I was able to enjoy it a bit more. I decided to give it a 2nd chance, I did a second run. I noticed this was not the most "forgiving" skis. I need to be precise on how and where I exert my weight as I turn. If I am being sloppy, I would be at risk of losing control and fall.

I remembered I demoed this ski past season. See description above. FWIW, I am an intermediate, don't have the best technique. Not sure if my experience gave an accurate description how this ski functions.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I remembered I demoed this ski past season. See description above. FWIW, I am an intermediate, don't have the best technique. Not sure if my experience gave an accurate description how this ski functions.
Are you sure you demo'd the Legend W96? Perhaps you demo'd a narrower Legend? Where did you check it out? The Legend women's line comes in 75, 80, 84, 88, and 96.

marzNC

Angel Diva
(resurfacing) I am hearing rave things about this ski, not too much comes up in a search. Anyone?
Legend 96, didn't get that into title, sorry.
Hmm, looks interesting. I've liked the Dynastar skis I've demo'd in the last 5-6 years. Just liked other skis a bit better and ended up buying other brands.

112-96-132, lengths from 158 to 178. That's a nice wide shovel for powder days.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Are you sure you demo'd the Legend W96? Perhaps you demo'd a narrower Legend? Where did you check it out? The Legend women's line comes in 75, 80, 84, 88, and 96.
Not sure if it was a Legend W96
I demoed at Roundtop, PA in Feb. this year.
Don't remember the spec. But I remembered very clearly it was a Legend and it was a "particular" skis. "Particular" meaning you need to know how to "work" it to turn properly.

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Not sure. I demoed at Roudtop in Feb. this year. Don't remember the spec.
Very unlikely for a powder ski to show up at Roundtop. More likely to be the Legend 80 or 84, although the 88 is possible. The opposite happens at the Alta Demo Day. Unlikely to find skis narrower than 84 there.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
I demo'd the Legend 96W last March. It had burrs on the edges, thus it was balky. I could FEEL those burrs! (When I took off the skis, I pointed my fingers right to the problem I felt - and there it was.)

The skis got edge work and were put on the rack. Later, DH demo'd them (he's a small man) and really liked them - and this was in hardpack/rain-soaked conditions. We figured that if any ski could perform well in THOSE conditions...

That width, in the right length, could provide some nice float.
Wish I'd had time to get back on them after they got fixed.
I believe this demo was a 166? 165? Mid 160's.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
Right now I am ultra irritated that the demo will not have anything <165. The guy organizing is working on getting something in.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Right now I am ultra irritated that the demo will not have anything <165. The guy organizing is working on getting something in.
With tip and tail rocker, you would probably get a pretty good feel for the W96 @165. I've rented powder skis around 100 underfoot at mid-160s and had a good time. My all-mountain skis are 159cm.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I demo’d the new dynastar legend but I believe it was the w88. I don’t remember but I’m pretty sure I wrote it up here.

It was an amazing aggressive floaty ski in some light powder, we had 8-10 of freshies that day. I tried it in some powder and also the groomed trails, but they were plenty snowy. I’d say they were less floaty than say Rossi Sky 7, but wonderfully aggressive and fun skis.

Sorry this is not the 96 though. I don’t know if what I experienced is of any help. But yes there’s quite the shovel on that ski.

Best of luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna