• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Dynastar Exclusive Fuid 2008

canadaf35

Certified Ski Diva
Manufacturer Dynastar
Model Exclusive Fluid
Length 158
Category & Dimensions AM CARV POW 120-68-102 Carver

1=Poor 2= Fair 3=Average 4=Very Good 5=Excellent
1 2 3 4 5
Short Turns 4
Medium Turns 3
Long Turns 2
Rebound 3
Stability 2
Forgiveness 3
Grip 3
Steeps 3
Crud 3
Powder 3
Ice 3
Overall Impression 3

Tested Length Felt: 158
Too Short Just Right Too Short

Ski Sidecut Felt: narrow for me
Too Much Just Right Too Little

Ski Flex Felt:
Too Soft Just Right Too Stiff soft

Best Described As:
Nimble Balanced Burly nimble

Notes:

This dynastar is a good carving ski. I felt it almost overturned for me. It was zippy and light. Much too light for my weight and ability. I am 5.5 @ 140 lbs. and consider myself a strong, aggressive skier.

I took the ski through green, blue, double black big moguls, ice and soft snow at Apex last Saturday. It performed pretty good all around. It wants to turn short and quick. Not meant for high speeds as there is alot of chatter.

Out of four skis I demoed so far (Salomon Origin, Atomic Sugar Mama and Head Monster im 82) the Dynastar was 4 of 4 meaning my least favorite. Not what I am looking for..I would love more of an all mountain ski with a much wider waist and heavier feel.

Hope this helps.

Manufacturer's Description of the Dynastar Exclusive Fluid Limited:
"Performs everywhere. An expert women's ski using all Dynastars Exclusive designs to give precision, superior edge grip,with fun for all types of runs."

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Similar high-speed issues with the 158, similar skier height/weight here. What's remarkable is the difference between 158 and 165 - much more stability at that length. Still a "turn-y" ski, though, I mostly agree. However, with respect to the 158 length, it's really better for a lightweight intermediate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna